PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

cardboardbox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sell old phones with custom rom or flash back to stock?

I have some extra old phones that I should probably sell to help pay for newer phones. Should I flash back to the stock rom or leave it with a custom rom, or maybe flash to the newest version of a custom rom?

Since the custom roms are better I'd rather not go back to stock but so far I havent been able to provision my TP without going back to stock and I wonder what a potential buyer will do with a phone that cant be provisioned. Its possible they know more than me so maybe its not a problem.

I've tried ##786# and ##778# and neither do anything in a lot of roms like Energy and Swinn. I've tried the sprint provision cab in Energy but it doesnt fix the data problem. Nothing I do fixes my lack of data except for flashing back to stock and using the update profile option.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic
Re: Sell old phones with custom rom or flash back to stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardbox View Post
I have some extra old phones that I should probably sell to help pay for newer phones. Should I flash back to the stock rom or leave it with a custom rom, or maybe flash to the newest version of a custom rom?

Since the custom roms are better I'd rather not go back to stock but so far I havent been able to provision my TP without going back to stock and I wonder what a potential buyer will do with a phone that cant be provisioned. Its possible they know more than me so maybe its not a problem.

I've tried ##786# and ##778# and neither do anything in a lot of roms like Energy and Swinn. I've tried the sprint provision cab in Energy but it doesnt fix the data problem. Nothing I do fixes my lack of data except for flashing back to stock and using the update profile option.

I'd put it back to Stock, but leave it SPL unLocked. The reason why ##778# doesn't work on other ROMS is because they have modified dialers and and or different dll's thats accociated with the dialer. but you still can access EPST (Provision screen) via shortcut. Some ROM chefs will include such shortcut some where in the start menu or settings menu. If its not her is a shortcut that should allow you to access.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EPST Config for sprint.zip (157 Bytes, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Relic; 03-02-2011 at 02:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cardboardbox is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
I's put it back to Stock, but leave it SPL unLocked. The reason why ##778# doesn't work on other ROMS is because they have modified dialers and and or different dll's thats accociated with the dialer. but you still can access EPST (Provision screen) via shortcut. Some ROM chefs will include such shortcut some where in the start menu or settings menu. If its not her is a shortcut that should allow you to access.
When I try the epst shortcut nothing happens. I very briefly see EPST in the top left corner like its going to run but then it stops and I'm still looking at the Total Commander screen. I tried moving the shortcut to the start menu but running it from there made no difference.

fyi I'm running the latest Energy Titanium rom.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
When I try the epst shortcut nothing happens. I very briefly see EPST in the top left corner like its going to run but then it stops and I'm still looking at the Total Commander screen. I tried moving the shortcut to the start menu but running it from there made no difference.

fyi I'm running the latest Energy Titanium rom.
Ok well now try this shortcut which is for Verizon, which invokes the ##778 parameter, as opposed to the Sprints version which invokes ##778# parameter.

If this works then we will know that dialer in the Energy ROM you are using was built based on Verizon.

Last edited by Relic; 03-02-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cardboardbox is a n00b

Quote:
Ok well now try this shortcut which is for Verizon, which invokes the ##778 parameter, as opposed to the Sprints version which invokes ##778# parameter.

If this works then we will know that dialer in the Energy ROM you are using was built based on Verizon.
yes that works however there is no reset option once I select edit and enter the unlock code (mrl?). Do you know how to provision from this epst? I've seen one in the past that had a reset option in it that seemed to get the job done.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
yes that works however there is no reset option once I select edit and enter the unlock code (mrl?). Do you know how to provision from this epst? I've seen one in the past that had a reset option in it that seemed to get the job done.
Since the ESPT is Verizon the MSL should be 000000.
There is no reset option anymore, but when your done editing and choose "Ok" from the menu it will prompt you to reset.

I'm not sure about all values to enter for provisioning. But here is some of them:
-"Display"
the "MSID" is your 10 digit phone number.

-"Akey" section values are blank for Verizon I'm not sure about sprint

-"NAM" settings:
-"Mobile Directory Number" 10 digit phone#
-"MIN1" is your 7digit phone# (minus the area code)
-"MIN2" is the your area code
-"MSID" 10 digit phone#
-"MCC" 310 for Verizon & 316 for Nextel/Sprint
-"MNC" 00 (not needed as they are obsolete/outdated.) Mine (Verizon) is set to 00
But here is some of the old codes to try if needed
Verizon: 010, 011, 012, 910,
Nextel/Sprint 010
-"NMSI" 12 digit phone# meaning add two leading 0's in front of you #
example 003025551234
-"IMSI" is your "MCC" 3 digit code + 2 0's than your 10 digit phone#
example 310003025551234

-"CDMA Settings" Not sure what the values should be.

-"Home SID/NID" The SID can be looked up on this webpage The Roaming Zone-System ID (SID) List
Its based on your location.
As for the NID I'm not sure where to find the correct value .

I know from past experiences, when enter in the correct values for the "Home SID" I noticed it'll allow you to finish the provisioning via OTA.

And I couldn't trust a Verizon Rep to give me the correct SID, because they always gave a code that was for somewhere in Texas. And the phone wouldn't provision via OTA...till I found out the right SID for my closest city. Go figure that Verizon's SID Database for Cities incorrect and or outdated.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaqual is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/23.390; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

It might help to talk to who you are going to sell it to, even on eBay you can put it in the desciption for the buyer to let you know what they want...

Old 03-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I got my data to provision after using the hard reset (vol down+enter+power). I'm not sure what this does to a custom rom though, if it resets it back to stock or just custom rom.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cardboardbox is a n00b

Quote:
Since the ESPT is Verizon the MSL should be 000000.
There is no reset option anymore, but when your done editing and choose "Ok" from the menu it will prompt you to reset.

Hope this helps.
sorry for taking so long to reply, I got busy and wanted to have tried a bunch of different ideas. Turns out I'm an idiot. Energy and some other roms have provisioning in them. I didnt realize that I was supposed to select a carrier to provision and then the update profile would show up in settings->system. I always assumed that after installing the sprint provisioning cab I didnt have to do anything else.

Also, if a rom doesnt have a provisioning this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...stom-roms.html
has some cabs that can be used to install the update profile cab for sprint.

thanks for your help.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro - MightyROM6
Carrier: PagePlus

deegge is becoming a great contributor

If you sell them to people like us you wouldn't need to flash the stock rom and re-lock. At least I'd buy one that was unlocked. What phones are you thinking of selling? PM me.

-thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro