PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Over drained battery boot loop

I recently got hit by the bug in a bad way where the Touch Pro 2 displays that it's plugged in and charging in Android but then does not charge and drains out the battery.

The battery drained out in Android, and then the phone shut off. Once shut off, it of course resumes charging properly. However, since it was shut off uncleanly, it seems to remember that it should power on again, so as soon as it gets enough power, the phone immediately turns itself back on. However, this is too much power draw for the meager amount of charge it has in the battery, so it immediately shuts off again, and cycles like this endlessly.

I have a spare battery, so I popped that in and booted the phone into WinMo and did a proper shutdown there. It then charges peacefully the good battery without turning on, but as soon as I swap in the flat battery, it begins the boot loop again.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can revive my dead battery, I'd love to hear it.

Additionally, maybe there should be some type of auto-shutdown catch to prevent the battery from being drained out to this degree.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Over drained battery boot loop

task_29 dat sh*t
Old 01-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
task_29 dat sh*t
What is it you propose? That I flash Task 29 with the good battery in and then pop in the dead battery afterwards?
Old 01-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; FROYO X Build/FROYO X) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Have you charged the flat battery? You didn't mention that.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; FROYO X Build/FROYO X) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Have you charged the flat battery? You didn't mention that.
No, that's the whole issue. When the flat battery is plugged into the charger, it immediately boots up for some reason, and then runs out of power and shuts down. It then charges for a few seconds, and then boots up again as soon as it's able to, and then shuts down, in a continuous loop.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I got it now. I had something like that happen with a dead battery, and somehow I got the phone to shut down. Take the battery out for a long time, 15 minutes and see if it will shut down.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post

I got it now. I had something like that happen with a dead battery, and somehow I got the phone to shut down. Take the battery out for a long time, 15 minutes and see if it will shut down.
Thanks for the tip. 15 minutes didn't do it, but a day and a half did. Popped in the battery, it didn't try and start the phone this time, and just sat there and charged like a good battery.

All is well now.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 PM
F22
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

F22 is keeping up the good workF22 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I recently got hit by the bug in a bad way where the Touch Pro 2 displays that it's plugged in and charging in Android but then does not charge and drains out the battery.

The battery drained out in Android, and then the phone shut off. Once shut off, it of course resumes charging properly. However, since it was shut off uncleanly, it seems to remember that it should power on again, so as soon as it gets enough power, the phone immediately turns itself back on. However, this is too much power draw for the meager amount of charge it has in the battery, so it immediately shuts off again, and cycles like this endlessly.

I have a spare battery, so I popped that in and booted the phone into WinMo and did a proper shutdown there. It then charges peacefully the good battery without turning on, but as soon as I swap in the flat battery, it begins the boot loop again.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can revive my dead battery, I'd love to hear it.

Additionally, maybe there should be some type of auto-shutdown catch to prevent the battery from being drained out to this degree.
This is a hardware issue that is known to occur in WinMo as well. The next time this occurs, simply plug your battery into an outlet instead of your computer and it should charge just fine.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
task_29 dat sh*t
DO NOT TASK29, it serves no purpose at all!! MassStash can you please update your post? Thanks...

Pull out the battery and let it sit as someone has already stated. Worked for me also.

But the best thing to do of course is do not let your phone die!!! I know it's hard but if you can shut off your phone before, a lot of time will be saved!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2