PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC ozone
Carrier: verizon

flyboy129 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Need help with Google maps

Hello all. I am new here although I have used this site to decide on my phone. The HTC Ozone. I have a problem. I previously installed Google maps on my phone and it worked beautifully. However, I was running out of memory, so I decided to move the folder to my storage card. My Google maps program then wouldn't run. So, I moved it back. Still wouldn't run. So I thought, no big deal. So, like an idiot, I went through my folders deleting all of the google stuff. I didn't realize I was supposed to delete it from the marketplace. I also did this with skyfire and bing. There was always one file left under the my device/windows/apps folder that I was unable to delete. So after I realized the correct way to delete, I did so through the marketplace. Bing was successful. skyfire and Google maps would not delete. I get an error saying the program cannot be uninstall. I could care less about skyfire since they have left. But I really like Google maps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want it back.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Need help with Google maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy129 View Post
Hello all. I am new here although I have used this site to decide on my phone. The HTC Ozone. I have a problem. I previously installed Google maps on my phone and it worked beautifully. However, I was running out of memory, so I decided to move the folder to my storage card. My Google maps program then wouldn't run. So, I moved it back. Still wouldn't run. So I thought, no big deal. So, like an idiot, I went through my folders deleting all of the google stuff. I didn't realize I was supposed to delete it from the marketplace. I also did this with skyfire and bing. There was always one file left under the my device/windows/apps folder that I was unable to delete. So after I realized the correct way to delete, I did so through the marketplace. Bing was successful. skyfire and Google maps would not delete. I get an error saying the program cannot be uninstall. I could care less about skyfire since they have left. But I really like Google maps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want it back.
Just reinstall google maps not from the marketplace but manually by downloading the cab and installing
Old 02-09-2011, 04:43 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

burn a new rom with google maps on it
Old 03-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Always uninstall, never delete.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions