PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2006, 02:28 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Carrier: Sprint

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How To Tether without PAM

I think i am the first and only person to figure this out. And this is how it is done u go to phone pad and type in ##MODEM# this will bring up a menu called MODEM NAI then click OFF. And that all u need to do to tether without a pam plan u can also use connection manager if you like. No need for pdanet or usbmodem.....there ya go and yall have fun with this.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
sprint will see this as data traffic and charge though correct? they dont consider this part of the vision services do they?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Threadstarter

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlle
sprint will see this as data traffic and charge though correct? they dont consider this part of the vision services do they?

I've tethered a few times and never been charged and they see it as vision access and not data as ur turning off the modem nai......
Old 02-06-2007, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Eclipsi01 is just getting started
Re: How To Tether without PAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz
I think i am the first and only person to figure this out. And this is how it is done u go to phone pad and type in ##MODEM# this will bring up a menu called MODEM NAI then click OFF. And that all u need to do to tether without a pam plan u can also use connection manager if you like. No need for pdanet or usbmodem.....there ya go and yall have fun with this.
Man, I told you I've been using mine as a modem for quite some time and no, it never shows up on my bill.
I've been busy at work and had no time to reply to your other thread. I had a nice one typed up for you then had some network trouble and just never got around to typing it up again.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Lurker

vpatel04 is a n00b
HELP

Which software are you using for this? I downloaded connection manager from sprint site...but it 's not working..

please help..
Old 05-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Lurker

Serggus is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Serggus
Can't Get it to work with Vista

Can't Get it to work with Vista,
THere is no Connection Manager for Vista.
Connecting the phone to laptop via Bluetooth, phone doesn't give an option for DUN.
Via cables, I need a driver that I cannot find for vista.

What else did I miss???
Old 06-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Boy, I wouldn't mind tethering WITH Pam, she's HOT!

(you said have fun with this...)

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 06-01-2007, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
......and sprays nicely onto skillets.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

delson is a n00b
thank you very much, it's working for me but every time i change to pam through usb, the speed always changes to 1x from ev, does anyone have a fix for that or a work around.

i'm also looking to get the n800, will i be able to get online thru this phone bt or usb?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

zzvelik is a n00b
I got the N800 & was wondering if anyone got it to tehter to the 6700 via bluetooth or even a mini usb to mini usb cable? Also, if you follow post #1's suggestion, does it really lower the connection speed via USB to a laptop device? Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W