PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro WM6.5.1
Carrier: Vodafone

rudolfv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lock display while in call

Hi,

I'm using a HD2 running Energy ROM. I like the HD2 very much but i have a problem with it.

During a call the screen is suposed to go black (lightsensor), i don't know why but sometimes it seems to fail. It might be my ear, long hair, being to fast or whatever causing this...
This might not be a big problem but the anoying thing is several times i seem to touch the topbar and Comm Manager get's started, next thing i do during a call is enabling Airplane mode or disable my phone.
Resulting in a disconnected call......

Is there a way to manual lock the screen somehow? Or does anybody have a idea what i could do? Any good tool for this?

Maybe a detail, i'm lefthanded...... Could this have to do anything with my problem?

Thanks, Rudolf
Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: lock display while in call

I don't think there's any manual screen lock during calls, might just try a newer version of NRG, sounds like a driver issue to me.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rudolfv is a n00b

It's not a driver issue for sure, i tried several cooks, all with the same problem. It's not a hardware issue either, i swapped a device at work....

I'm pretty sure it's because i'm left handed and left handed only, i have a problem with my right shoulder.
The icons in the topbar are placed right, if i put the phone at my ear are those "touching" my ear. A right handed person is having those behind his ear.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:32 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

thats so weird, my phone worked totally fine while I was on NRG rom (and I flashed a lot of his).

right now I have Android flashed on my phone (internal storage) so I don't even have WM on my phone at all to try it out. It doesn't do this with stock ROM?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rudolfv is a n00b

sorry, i should have mention, yes, also with stock ROM i have this problem.

That's why i think it's the way i use/hold the phone and search for a solution to lock it manual somehow.

I have an Android running too on my device, it runs fine but does have other "problems" like battery consuming for example. Also i have some issues with outlook synchronisation when it comes to contacts and callendar stuff.......
But hey, i serious like Angry Birds.......
Old 01-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolfv View Post
sorry, i should have mention, yes, also with stock ROM i have this problem.

That's why i think it's the way i use/hold the phone and search for a solution to lock it manual somehow.

I have an Android running too on my device, it runs fine but does have other "problems" like battery consuming for example. Also i have some issues with outlook synchronisation when it comes to contacts and callendar stuff.......
But hey, i serious like Angry Birds.......
are you running it from SD or did you actually flash it to your phone?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rudolfv is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
are you running it from SD or did you actually flash it to your phone?
I'm running it from SD.... I need windows on it for work...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2