PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 12:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Mods please delete

[KERNEL][AOSP&SENSE] - Superior Battery Charging. Update: 12/22/10! SBC for 4.1.9.1! - xda-developers

its for EVO i know, but things get ported from somewhere.. i say at the bottom something about AOSP and thought i read we use that as well..

I dunno, some of you guys definitly exceeded my expectations thus far on all this stuff... maybe theres something for you to work with in these..

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-22-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: answered and useless for xdandroid
Old 12-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Can we do anything with These Kernels in the future?

AFAIK, we haven't ported anything from the EVO. The hardware is just too different...

AOSP also applies to the system image - has nothing to do with the kernel unfortunately.

I am fairly certain we still have some room for improvement on the graphics, and battery drain... but battery charging? Has that been an issue?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:39 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
AFAIK, we haven't ported anything from the EVO. The hardware is just too different...

AOSP also applies to the system image - has nothing to do with the kernel unfortunately.

I am fairly certain we still have some room for improvement on the graphics, and battery drain... but battery charging? Has that been an issue?
charging, not really.. aside from it saying its fully charged after 10seconds on the charger lol... not an issue for me though... and the thread we have here on PPCG about it http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...tery-life.html lead me to believe it was about battery performance not charging..
Old 12-22-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
charging, not really.. aside from it saying its fully charged after 10seconds on the charger lol...
this was fixed quite some time ago... now it shows a status of "charging" until it is about 95% charged.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
About 2 times since charging was fixed, I've plugged in my phone, it shows up as charging, but if I come back in a while, it has in fact not been charging and drains out the battery.

Happened to me just the other day in fact. It was pretty strange, the phone was showing 12% battery when I looked at it, and it was showing as charging on screen, but the battery was going down 1% every few seconds. I either turned off the screen or unpugged and replugged it in and normal charging resumed.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

actually we do steal some stuff from the Evo. Rhod happens to share the same controller for the panel. This is why we think the 30fps limit can be broken since evo was haunted by that as well.

Other than that, not much more we can use from it
Old 12-22-2010, 01:55 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

ok figured id throw it out for interpretation...

Mods feel free to delete
Old 12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

I think this is a try to get underclocking that reverted way of overclocking, make CPU use less voltage than it's design to save power. Not charging hack at all

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2