PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

thefdog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are Diamond upgrades dead? No new ROM in sight!

Seems like all our famous ROM makers/cooks/chefs have left us for greener pastures and new phones. Where do we turn?

After a long time of NRG Roms, I have switched over to one of OATs last ROMs and it works great... Too bad such perfection comes at the end of the use-life of our phones.

Oh well, cheers to all of the Diamond users.

and Happy Holidays
Old 12-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: Are Diamond upgrades dead? No new ROM in sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefdog View Post
Seems like all our famous ROM makers/cooks/chefs have left us for greener pastures and new phones. Where do we turn?

After a long time of NRG Roms, I have switched over to one of OATs last ROMs and it works great... Too bad such perfection comes at the end of the use-life of our phones.

Oh well, cheers to all of the Diamond users.

and Happy Holidays
I personally prefer stability ! It is a shame that no new roms are being developed, but then again, windows mobile has kind of hit a dead end with windows 7. I think the roms we have are the best we'll ever get for the diamond. I just got a "newer" diamond and loaded Mr Obvious's 7-22 rom and it runs great ! So much available memory ! I love it !

I hope to run it for a long time !

Happy Holidays to all !

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 12-21-2010, 03:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G

Another Drunk NPC is just getting started
Re: Are Diamond upgrades dead? No new ROM in sight!

It is what it is, mates. We have indeed hit the ceiling here. Download one of O.a.T.'s latest ROMs and call it a day.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

moved to Diamond general.

personally it seems as if the Diamond is becoming an obsolete device.

The Diamond was my first smartphone and i remember flashing OMJ, NRG, dareeseboy etc.. sometimes daily. I loved getting into the ppc scene with it.

WinMo development is not dead. I still use NRG's 6.5.5 ROMs and they are freaking awesome. One reason I refuse to give up my HD2 is because I can't quite let go of WinMo, and I get a stable Android 2.2 as well, so I choose what I want to run whenever I want to, but generally speaking it looks like WinMo development will slowly die out completely.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile PLENTY IS THE ANSWER Reply

Don't worry. As long as my Diamond still works, I will still try to develop ROMs for it .

- 2 Bunny
Old 01-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

thefdog is a n00b

Happy New Year!

That's the attitude 2 Bunny - I like your style. I am, unfortunately, a bad chef at best, and potentially a device-bricking chef at worst, so I leave the cooking to you who know how...

Cheers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:40 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefdog View Post
Happy New Year!

That's the attitude 2 Bunny - I like your style. I am, unfortunately, a bad chef at best, and potentially a device-bricking chef at worst, so I leave the cooking to you who know how...

Cheers
well said, thanx from me on that one. too funny.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:19 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Drunk NPC View Post
It is what it is, mates. We have indeed hit the ceiling here. Download one of O.a.T.'s latest ROMs and call it a day.

the diamond was a great phone when i used it a few years go. most of the devs have gone android since wp7 is such a huge failure with no development possible. go android boys, you will love it!

Old 01-10-2011, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

j37hr0 is becoming a great contributor

I'm kinda sad, but I'm about to download my last diamond rom, and use DCD's Carrier cab to put it on Cricket. I moved on from Windows Mobile, my first PPC was a Samsung i730, running 2003 SE. I'm going to have to g
Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile DIAMOND Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by j37hr0 View Post
I'm kinda sad, but I'm about to download my last diamond rom, and use DCD's Carrier cab to put it on Cricket. I moved on from Windows Mobile, my first PPC was a Samsung i730, running 2003 SE. I'm going to have to g
Its not too late. You can still stay in the Windows Mobile boat for a little longer ☺.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond