PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue 6900
Carrier: Sprint

qanda6900 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Voice Command does not work after flashing

Recently I flashed NFSFAN's Final 6.5 ROM to my Sprint Vogue. The ROM itself is working fine and stable but the Voice Command does not seem to work with bluetooth, or through the device speaker.

Mapped VC to a hard key. The microphone icon is displayd in the top taskbar, and the Notification box lists "Voice Command waiting", but if I speak into the device, nothing else happens.

I will hear a short "blurp" type sound and the microphone icon disappears.

I checked the settings for Voice Commnand, and it is enabled with all checkboxes marked.

The registry key seems to have the proper values of attenuation 3 and initial volume 4.

I have read many posts here on over at XDA, but none seem to correct the problem. Hard reset is not an option at this point.

I would rather find an easy way to fix it, than to start installing 3rd party software when the function should work.

Anyone know of a fix?

Regards,
QA

Last edited by qanda6900; 12-03-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

voice command is part of the rom or you added it? if you added it try removing, soft reset and install again. it sounds like you have the settings right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

qanda6900 is a n00b
Re: Voice Command does not work after flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

voice command is part of the rom or you added it? if you added it try removing, soft reset and install again. it sounds like you have the settings right.
I did not install it, nor am I sure if it was included in the cooked ROM.
It does appear under the Start/Settings/Personal menu.

I changed the notifications setting to the last checkbox so that any response will be heard through the device. (to eliminate bluetooth).

NOW, I click the button, microphone appears and I try saying "Call". Tried two or three times, then.....
The voice comes back with what sounds like "Call...repeat". I try again and nothing.

The "voice" is really marbled. I wonder if there is a registry setting that needs to be changed since it is trying to work.

But then again, most HTC devices uses Microsoft VC and it never works right.

Regards,
QA
Old 12-02-2010, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

qanda6900 is a n00b
Re: Voice Command does not work after flashing

I have spent the last two days reading over posts on the internet re: the problem of Voice Command and Bluetooth without finding any real solution.

Many threads mention a file called OEMAGW.DLL, but no one has actually found an actual file anywhere on Windows Mobile!

In addition, I spent more hours today trying to find such a file on the internet, and nobody can prove it exists! The only place it can be found is in a registry key HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/Audio Gateway.
Notice that there is no 'path' to the dll file. As far as I know, without a path, the file cannot be accessed even if it is somewhere on the device.

The file is not in Windows, nor can I find t anywhere else on the device.
How can BT won't work without the file it uses to connect the device to itself.

Another Microsoft joke on us.

If anyone knows where the file is located on the device, please let me know the path. Adding the path may fix the issue.

QA

Last edited by qanda6900; 12-03-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue