PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What the hell were the designers thinking?

I had noticed that Microsoft started placing a huge start button, contacts button etc on the bottom. Now the bar on the bottom has doubled in size and the there is space left on the top bar.

Why Microsoft -- why? That's one of the main reason I steer away from new rom updates. I like the two bars (top and bottom) to be as thin as possible like in 6.5. I can't believe the Chefs are embracing this ridiculous and pointless design update (which rolled out long time ago).

Old 11-22-2010, 09:53 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: What the hell were the designers thinking?

M$ goal with 6.5.3 was to make it more finger friendly...most chefs offer 2 versions...6.5 and 6.5.3

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

to each his own i guess. i think it looks sort of cool

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The Touch is 6.5.3 capable?
Cool...

Anyway... I still have my old touch... My son uses it to watch movies on (he's 4) And even he has to bust out the stilus just to be able to navigate to and pick the right movie on file explorer... The bigger buttons seem as though it would make things a bit easier to use without the need for a stilus.
p.

Last edited by AZTECHKA; 12-03-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by walla View Post
I had noticed that Microsoft started placing a huge start button, contacts button etc on the bottom. Now the bar on the bottom has doubled in size and the there is space left on the top bar.

Why Microsoft -- why? That's one of the main reason I steer away from new rom updates. I like the two bars (top and bottom) to be as thin as possible like in 6.5. I can't believe the Chefs are embracing this ridiculous and pointless design update (which rolled out long time ago).

Someone had a post around here with a file that makes the lower button clear, still about the same size but, the clear ones look so much better.

I tried to look for the link before posting but, could not find it. When I had my titan, the first thing I would install after installing a 6.5.3+ build would be installing that.

I too, really hate the look of those lower buttons (start/contacts, etc)

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Cool DESIGN FAIL Reply

WM6.1 FTW! I thought I was the only person on here who preferred 6.1 over 6.5. To be honest, maybe it was a good thing MS discontinued Windows Mobile before it slid too much further downhill. 6.1 was definitely its peak, and I hate all the 6.5+ nonsense.

IMO. If you compare the resolution of a VGA or WVGA device with your computer monitor (say if you're posting or viewing unresized screenshots), you'll see just how much space is wasted when we make it "finger friendly". Who's stupid idea was that anyway? I can navigate about 95% of the WM6.1 "finger unfriendly" GUI without problem. I can get a whole lot more done without unrolling miles of toilet paper looking for whatever oversized button is necessary to complete a trivial task.

Back in the day of QVGA Screens, we were able to do so much with so little, and now we have screens four times larger (and then some), and we can't fit half the buttons on the screen that we could've before. If I were to pin blame for this whole "downhill slide" in the mobile market in general since 2005 or 2006 or whatever, I would blame Apple with their Apple phone. Why people think that this needed to be copied, I do not know. Since someone still saw the need for "appz" and "hacking" and "customization", Android, the child of Windows Mobile and Apple Operating system was born. This is why Android grew so quickly. Even if it isn't the best, its all anyone has come up with to bridge that "Apple Google Bridge". Like it or not, for better or for worse, Android is the future.

And that's all I gotta say about that...

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 11-22-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: DESIGN FAIL Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
WM6.1 FTW! I thought I was the only person on here who preferred 6.1 over 6.5. To be honest, maybe it was a good thing MS discontinued Windows Mobile before it slid too much further downhill. 6.1 was definitely its peak, and I hate all the 6.5+ nonsense.

<snip>

And that's all I gotta say about that...

- 2 Bunny
Don't get me wrong I didn't really care for the stock look of 6.5.3X but, 6.5 I loved. 6.1 is a joke compared. 6.5 gives 6.1 a finger frendly interface, 6.1 you NEED a sylus to use it.

6.5= 6.1 with a finger frendly interface

6.5 really does blow away 6.1...
Old 12-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post PERSPECTIVE Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Don't get me wrong I didn't really care for the stock look of 6.5.3X but, 6.5 I loved. 6.1 is a joke compared. 6.5 gives 6.1 a finger frendly interface, 6.1 you NEED a sylus to use it.

6.5= 6.1 with a finger frendly interface

6.5 really does blow away 6.1...
To be honest, I use my hand most of the time in 6.1. I only use a stylus if I am setting the device on a table. Its all in how you use it, right? ☺

- 2 Bunny
Old 12-03-2010, 08:19 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: PERSPECTIVE Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
To be honest, I use my hand most of the time

- 2 Bunny
whooo. i dont know if id admit that!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I use a stilus, a pen, a pencil, a paperclip, a coin, a rusty nail... Whatever the heck is around. My monkey hands doen't get along with 6.1 or 6.5 I want to upgrade to 6.5.3 Just don't wanna get away from a stock rom... Might be time to flash though.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions