PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Need help "fixing" a HERO that was working on MetroPCS

So I got this HTC HERO yesterday from this guy.

I had a hard time getting it to switch/activate to my account on Metro.

Seems the MSL was reset and 000000 wasn't working.

Used CDMA workshop to find out what it had changed to, set it to 000000. Then I was able to edit the MDN MSID and get the phone to work and update PRL via *228.

But Data didn't work.

I used the universal root, used clockwork app to flash amon_ra recovery, made a backup.

And before I got a chance to edit the previous users' gmail/market info, he changed his password, so I couldn't find a way to change that. I used recovery to factory reset/wipe the phone and went through the set up wizard.

Data still doesn't work.

I flashed the Cricket/metropcs mms/web fix, but the phone has stock 1.5 on it, so that didn't make a difference. I am getting an error 67 now though.

Just tried to flash damage control, but it froze at the X animation after a long while or animating..

Just restored back up.

Anyone care to throw a dog a bone, I need some links/threads any help to get this working again.

thanks,.

-CC
Old 11-08-2010, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need help "fixing" a HERO that was working on MetroPCS

Anyone mind sharing your working ROM and or Nandroid back up? I would really like to get this Hero working again, it's not being cooperative

Thanks,

-CC

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero