PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

HTCTP2_N00bie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help Please

Hey all, I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone can share with me some awesome themes like "s2w Dark Crimson 2.0" and "s2w Dark Crimson S25R" please...I'm not sure what manilla version i got but, I can run Dusk Leo theme for the 2.1 manilla...so I'm guessing thats what i have...my ROM version is 2.01.573.3

Thanks everyone
Old 10-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

HTCTP2_N00bie is a n00b
Re: Help Please

Wow, 40 some views and no reply? Ya, you guys are real helpful to someone that's new to this forum.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The first post is for 2.1 on s2w thread are for 2.1 and the rest are for 2.5. I think if you want to try 2.5 themes you need to flash to a 2.5 ROM
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-themes...nse-2-5-a.html
Old 10-14-2010, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2--Thunderbolt
Carrier: The Big Red

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCTP2_N00bie View Post
Wow, 40 some views and no reply? Ya, you guys are real helpful to someone that's new to this forum.
You just needed the right person to view it. Well from what you said you are using manila 2.1 and development for that has pretty much stop now that 2.5 has been out for some time. I would flash to a more updated rom with 2.5 if you need help doing this or anything else you can ask me and ill be glad to help out. I was a newbie once myself.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

HTCTP2_N00bie is a n00b

Finally! Thankyou guys for answering!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
The first post is for 2.1 on s2w thread are for 2.1 and the rest are for 2.5. I think if you want to try 2.5 themes you need to flash to a 2.5 ROM
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-themes...nse-2-5-a.html
So that'll work for me right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcluvntheboss View Post
You just needed the right person to view it. Well from what you said you are using manila 2.1 and development for that has pretty much stop now that 2.5 has been out for some time. I would flash to a more updated rom with 2.5 if you need help doing this or anything else you can ask me and ill be glad to help out. I was a newbie once myself.
Thankyou for replying . So, what does flashing do to my phone? Will it become a brick? Will it erase everything? Will it void the warranty and will the people at USC know about it?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions haha, this is my first WM phone, but very, very familiar with windows.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Finally! Thankyou guys for answering!

So that'll work for me right?

Thankyou for replying . So, what does flashing do to my phone? Will it become a brick? Will it erase everything? Will it void the warranty and will the people at USC know about it?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions haha, this is my first WM phone, but very, very familiar with windows.
Any of the first post ones should work for you. If you have manilla 2.1
Old 10-14-2010, 03:37 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Flashing the phone is all about what you want the phone to do. The custom roms created by our beloved chefs here at ppcgeeks open your phone up to the way it should have been out of the box!!! Yes you can brick it, there are risks but 99% of the time those "risks" can be eliminated by reading up on how its done the going back and reading again till you feel safe doing it!!!!!

use you slider go over to SETTINGS then at the bottom go to ABOUT PHONE then SOFTWARE and it will tell you your version there!!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10

Last edited by ooxteme; 10-14-2010 at 03:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

HTCTP2_N00bie is a n00b

I got them downloaded onto my MicroSD card, and when I go to the .cab file in File Explorer, when I tap it, it does nothing. I used to be able to tap the Dusk_Leo theme and that'll start to install and what not but now I can't even do that. It's just letting me tap it and that's it. Any ideas? Should I reset my phone?
Old 10-14-2010, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2--Thunderbolt
Carrier: The Big Red

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I got them downloaded onto my MicroSD card, and when I go to the .cab file in File Explorer, when I tap it, it does nothing. I used to be able to tap the Dusk_Leo theme and that'll start to install and what not but now I can't even do that. It's just letting me tap it and that's it. Any ideas? Should I reset my phone?
s2w normaly compress his themes into a .zip or .rar because there are different parts to the theme that need be installed after on a nother. you will need this app to extract them.
Attached Files
File Type: cab 2 PocketRAR.cab (180.1 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

HTCTP2_N00bie is a n00b

Ok, so I just this on my MicroSD card right? Is it just like installing a theme where I have to disable the HTC Sense, then load it through the File Explorer?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software