PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sense 2.5 Version

Guys, my Imagio crapped out yesterday, and I am getting a new one later today. I had flashed it to one of NRG's ROMS, so cant remember much about the stock ROM. So, before I get the new stock Imagio, I want to know if anyone can tell me what Sense version will be coming with the Verizon stock Touchflo3D ROM?

I want to see if I can install cookies without flashing. Wife is really pissed and blames my flash from 6 months ago as the cause. Replacement without flashing was what I agreed to, so want to see if I can do at least an interface upgrade.

Thanks for any responses. Again, I will get getting a stock HTC Imagio from Verizon.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

nsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sense 2.5 Version

It comes with v2.1

Last edited by nsa_sailor; 09-30-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa_sailor View Post
It comes with v2.1
Crap, so I need to flash to get 2.5? Wife just may be pissed when she comes back fom out of town!

Thanks for the reply!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa_sailor View Post
It comes with v2.1
Stock actually comes with 2.0

On a side note, if you don't want to flash, you can install my Sense 2.5 cab. Flashing imo is a better option, but you can always go the cab route to keep the wifey happy.

You can find it: HERE

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 09-30-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Stock actually comes with 2.0

On a side note, if you don't want to flash, you can install my Sense 2.5 cab. Flashing imo is a better option, but you can always go the cab route to keep the wifey happy.

You can find it: HERE
I will take a look at that! Thanks alot!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Talked the wife into reflashing to sense 2.5! So will flash this weekend. Question now is..Sense or MaxSense?!

Although, I have to admit my imagio has not been this wicked smooth and fast since I can remember. If I flash and the speed isn't like it is now, I just may stay with stock!

But I will remove all that verizon crap I don't use!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Lurker

smartphoneguru is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabson View Post
Talked the wife into reflashing to sense 2.5! So will flash this weekend. Question now is..Sense or MaxSense?!

Although, I have to admit my imagio has not been this wicked smooth and fast since I can remember. If I flash and the speed isn't like it is now, I just may stay with stock!

But I will remove all that verizon crap I don't use!

I just posted a new thread not seeing this one. How does Sense 2.5 compare to the stock version? Any drawbacks or lag issues, etc?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

braindoc is keeping up the good workbraindoc is keeping up the good work

I've flashed quite a few of the 2.5 ROMs. Here are the positives: Generally I find them as fast as the stock ROM but it takes a couple of days. They seem laggy at first but after a couple of days they tend to speed up to a point where I don't notice any substantial lag. Sense 2.5 as more tabs. For example: footprints, document reader, facebook, twitter. Of course, the more tabs you have on the slower the phone will be. Sense 2.5 also allows for program shortcuts on the home tab. With Sense 2.5 you can also use CoOkies modification program, which allows you to modify the look of the home screen and shortcuts - this is very nice; but again it slows the phone a bit. In addition, almost all mods developed by various people are for 2.5 ROMs and will not work with the stock ROM.

Here are the negatives: First, all of the ROMs I've tried are less stable than the stock ROM. If you soft-reset your phone everyday then that shouldn't be an issue. Second, Sense 2.5 uses more memory. This is the biggest reason why I'm back to using the stock ROM. I got tired of being somewhere, opening up Opera to look something up, and getting an out of memory error. Even with not opening any programs the memory leak during the day is substantial. Third, if you use any of the Verizon programs they probably will not work in the custom ROMs. I really like the visual voice mail program that came with the phone but none of the custom ROMs can use it. This is because it is written specifically to work with elements (SMS, I think) in the stock ROM. Fourth, not all the custom ROMs have been verified to allow your phone to work overseas.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sense 2.5 was designed for a phone with a lot more memory and faster processor than the Imagio has.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio