PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (VX6900)
Carrier: Cricket

jamilalw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hopelessly Lost

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!! Someone, anyone!! I have an HTC Touch that I needed to turn back on. I decided to switch it to Metro Pcs. I had no problem following all the instructions on the many forums I researched. And I was even successful enough to get to the setting up process (when you dial *22 .
But all the reps keep asking me for a different serial number than the one that is posted on my phone.
I tried to download CDMA Workshop, QPST and Houdini, neither of which would work because I have a MAC!!!

This is soooo frustrating... because I've been looking for these programs that would be compatible with my Mac OS system for 2-3 days.

Can ANYBODY help???

--Hopeless Hack
Old 09-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Hopelessly Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamilalw View Post
...reps keep asking me for a different serial number...
Yeah, last time I had a similar rep situation, I had looked up my ESN and written it down before calling CS. But the rep said "No, I need the D. E. C. number." Finally, it dawn'd on me, she means the decimal version of the ESN, as opposed to the hex (base 16) number shown at:

Start > Settings > System > Device Info

Best way to get the DEC version of ESN: pop out battery, it's written on the mother board where you can see it when battery is out. Or, you could do the hexadecimal to decimal conversion mathematically!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jamilalw is a n00b

Hey, thanks MrGoodtunes.... but I already have all those numbers. Like you said, I got them from the back of the phone. I have the HEX, DEC and something I would assume HTC uses as there serial numbers.

Thing is, Metro PCS, from what I'm gathering from others.... cannot use HTC's serial numbers.

So I was guessing I would have to use some kinda of CDMA flashing program to tweak the s/n and change it to a Metro PCS one.

The whole thing is... I have a Mac. So even tho there are 100 links all over these forums-- none of them will work on the Mac OS system.

Any other suggestions I'm all open!!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

OP you may have a Vogue with a bad ESN meaning it was labeled as being stolen or invalid.
In case you haven't seen it here is a good guide for flashing a Vogue to Metro:

How to Flash: HTC Touch XV6900
Old 09-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jamilalw is a n00b

@horndoctor-- Naw, I checked with HTC and they have the same s/n for my phone. I think it's primarily the fact that HTC uses letters in there serial number.

It would be a lot easier to figure out if I didn't have a MAC!! Because I don't know any programs I can use on the mac for this process.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: bell

spuzzum is a n00b

would mtty.exe help out in any way?
Old 09-19-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6700, xv6800, xv6850, xv6875, xv6900, xv6975,
Carrier: vzw

hemanolio is just getting started

Are you wanting to CLONE a metro esn. I dont think it can be descussed here, but it is possible to get an old unused metro esn, and flash it onto your phone. look up cloning. Ive never done it as it seems a bit pain staking, and is considered illeagal.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:28 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
OP you may have a Vogue with a bad ESN meaning it was labeled as being stolen or invalid.
In case you haven't seen it here is a good guide for flashing a Vogue to Metro:

How to Flash: HTC Touch XV6900

horn why don't you just buy another vogue? ive seen new ones on craigslist & ebay.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue