PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PDA phone user new to Smartphone with newb Q's!

I was trying to convince my company to upgrade to PPC-6800's (HTC Moguls) but coming from BlackBerry they weren't happy with the battery life and were confused with using the touch screen among other things. They have decided they want to deploy the Moto Q9c. So now I am expected to follow through on them being able to do everything I told them they could do with the PPC-6800 and now more, lol.

My basic questions are:

Where does Motorola publish the current and updated ROM images for download?

How do I prevent the carrier/ExtROM from installing upon hard reset? With the PPC-6800 I simply soft reset after screen setup before all of this crap is installed? Also how do I soft reset and hard reset the phone?

How is memory managed? IE: ROM/ExtROM/Radio, etc? How much ROM and RAM does this device even have? The box doesn't say.

Where do I get an ExtROM unhider/unlocker app for this phone?

Will .cab files operate the same way on this non-Pro OS as they do on the Pro version of WM6? Do I need to write them differently? Where do I get a RegEditor for this phone?

Some of my more basic goals are writing .cab files that I can put into the ExtROM so upon a hardreset, this .cab is installed and all of the reg tweaks and applications we want installed get put into the new phone with no interaction from the user.

Thanks!

Alex
Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q