PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Run Task 29 from SD card ,Task 29 RUU_signed.NBH

to all who have been asking about the .NBH file for the task 29 ,I was able to extract it from the .exe
I have not tested it,since I like to run task 29 from my PC to avoid unintentional side effects of running it from the SD card
this is my 2 cents contribution for PPC geeks for today

any seedback is appreciated

hitting thanx is also appreciated
Attached Files
File Type: rar RUU_signed.rar (8.0 KB, 172 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar Task29.rar (448.0 KB, 227 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Maan76; 08-23-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: adding attachments
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: Run Task 29 from SD card ,Task 29 RUU_signed.NBH

Hmmm what are the side effects of flashing it from SDCard?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Great job...&...Thanks hit of course...Brave Soul needed to test...You will be rewarded with many many thanks...
Old 08-24-2010, 01:39 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

It is my understanding that the most important part of the TASK29 process, is the command that the executable sends at the conclusion of the flash process. Without a file to flash, the process will not execute, thus folks started out with radio files and then settled on a boot image as the least intrusive flashable object. So, if you extract the nbh from a task29 self-extracting archive, you'll more than likely end up with an *.nbh object, which consists of a boot splash screen.

I'd love to be corrected if I am wrong, but this is my understanding.

Best regards,
-boggsie

<edit> and this probably should be merged on to the end of the existing thread which covers task29 ...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571

Last edited by boggsie; 08-24-2010 at 01:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

eric3938 is just getting started

Ok, I've not flashed from the SD card as of yet, but it is my understanding that the *.nbh file on the storage card must be on the root and renamed to RHODIMG.nbh for it to be found by the bootloader? If you flash task29 in this way then the task29 nbh file will be named to RHODIMG.nbh, and you would then need a PC or other device to rename the ROM file that you wish to flash from the storage card. Either I'm missing something or it just don't make sense to me to flash task29 from the storage card?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Exigent Circumstance

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

the nbh can re-named rhodimg from the tp2. wideawake sd flasher app will find nbh on root of sd card and re-name it correctly. correct bootloader mode will find any nbh file named rhodimg.

Brave Soul needed for testing...Many many thanks will be *pif paid in full...
Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

I am all but certain that the *.nbh file is either a radio or a boot splash image. The wipe portion of TASK29 is accomplished by the RomUpdateUtility.exe file that is included in the TASK29.exe self-extracting-archive.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 08-24-2010, 05:27 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

00tj00 is a n00b
Cool Re: Run Task 29 from SD card ,Task 29 RUU_signed.NBH

GOT IT. Man, sat here scratching my head for like 30 min. Even after trying it last night... Forgot this card would have to be formated to fat 32... feel kinda stupid.

It shows the nbh as "splash1 splash2" which i thought was odd.

Sweet!! now i get to carry a spare card with me everywhere so i can flash on the go
The thing is, the Internet's real, chief weakness is that it was built by people. Many of those people were diligent, careful workers, but most of them were just like the rest of us; lazy, irresponsible and frequently intoxicated.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Exigent Circumstance

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
It is my understanding that the most important part of the TASK29 process, is the command that the executable sends at the conclusion of the flash process. Without a file to flash, the process will not execute, thus folks started out with radio files and then settled on a boot image as the least intrusive flashable object. So, if you extract the nbh from a task29 self-extracting archive, you'll more than likely end up with an *.nbh object, which consists of a boot splash screen.

I'd love to be corrected if I am wrong, but this is my understanding.

Best regards,
-boggsie

<edit> and this probably should be merged on to the end of the existing thread which covers task29 ...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I am all but certain that the *.nbh file is either a radio or a boot splash image. The wipe portion of TASK29 is accomplished by the RomUpdateUtility.exe file that is included in the TASK29.exe self-extracting-archive.

Best regards,
-boggsie
boggsie you sound very very confident in your post. until further grounds is gained with actual fact though testing,.. im with you.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:15 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

00tj00 is a n00b

Well it seemed to work. Any way to sure fire test it? It left my radio intact but changed my splash screen back to the black one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
.nbh, format internal memory, task29