PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

jerliz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New imagio and g-config

I have a new Imagio. Trying to get BsB G-Config I learned about here, to install/work properly. Then tried to run the G-Config program and get the error that I need a newer version of MS's .Net Compact Framework. Totally ignorant as to whether or not this applies to my phone (Imagio) and whether or not I should have installed the G-sensor software to start with. I need some help, please ... would be deeply appreciative
Jer

Last edited by jerliz; 08-23-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: New imagio and g-config

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerliz View Post
I have a new Imagio. Trying to get G-Sensor to work properly. Tried to run the G-Config program and get the error that I need a newer version of MS's .Net Compact Framework. Totally ignorant as to whether or not this applies to my phone (Imagio) and whether or not I should have installed the G-sensor software to start with. I need some help, please ... would be deeply appreciative
Jer
If I understand your question right, the software you installed is a GUI to control what the g-sensor controls and what it doesn't. If that is the case, you don't need it, but it is nice to have. Otherwise you need to make the changes in the registry.
As far as new .net framework, I have attached .netCF 3.5 at the bottom of this post. Install to device memory and soft reset.
Attached Files
File Type: cab NETCF 35.cab (2.58 MB, 41 views) Click for barcode!

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 08-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
If I understand your question right, the software you installed is a GUI to control what the g-sensor controls and what it doesn't. If that is the case, you don't need it, but it is nice to have. Otherwise you need to make the changes in the registry.
As far as new .net framework, I have attached .netCF 3.5 at the bottom of this post. Install to device memory and soft reset.
And to add to Mr.Mart's post - even if you don't decide to use g-config - you still want to install .net 3.5 bc most app are dependant on it and it does not come on the Imagio.

Hey J - I don't think I've seen a .cab for 3.5 before. thanks. This is the one that you use? (Not to hijack the thread-sorry op)
Old 08-23-2010, 12:39 PM

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishguy View Post
And to add to Mr.Mart's post - even if you don't decide to use g-config - you still want to install .net 3.5 bc most app are dependant on it and it does not come on the Imagio.

Hey J - I don't think I've seen a .cab for 3.5 before. thanks. This is the one that you use? (Not to hijack the thread-sorry op)
The version I posted is 3.5.7 and I used it for a long time, but right now I am testing 3.5.9. There is even a 3.7 out there, but a lot of programs don't like that new of a version.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jerliz is a n00b

Thank you both. New to the "cab" world ... and I see that so much of what goes on phones today is transferred through same. Can either of you, if ever so briefly, describe the process, as in the net-cf 3.5? I assume that I would transfer the file to the phone first. Should it go on the phone or the memory card? Where? Any other directions for this "old man"

Thank you.
Jer
Old 08-23-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerliz View Post
Thank you both. New to the "cab" world ... and I see that so much of what goes on phones today is transferred through same. Can either of you, if ever so briefly, describe the process, as in the net-cf 3.5? I assume that I would transfer the file to the phone first. Should it go on the phone or the memory card? Where? Any other directions for this "old man"

Thank you.
Jer
Sure thing:

1) Transfer the file to either your phone or the storage card (doesn't really matter where you copy the file to)
2) On your device, use file explorer or equivalent and navigate to where you transferred the file.
3) Open the cab file and it will ask you where you want to install it.
4) Select "Device"
5) Soft reset you phone and you will be good to go

Hope this helps out some!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jerliz is a n00b

Thank you very much. Amazing what a little help/direction will do. Yes, the rotation is now working with every program I select.
Jer
Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD7, TROPHY
Carrier: T-Mobile, Verizon

KRUX is just getting started

Can I just say to jmart and thepolish guy that it was really refreshing to read you helping someone and not responding w/ some smart ass remark like "do ur own research". Big ups to you two! Made my fookin day!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

dwittmier is just getting started

Just to add to jmart's instructions above, for things like .net, controls, and screen mods it's best to install to the device (step 4). For most general apps however, install to the card. Otherwise your limited device memory will get filled up pretty fast. For the same reason I always initially copy the cab to the card (step 1) regardless of what it is. If you do transfer it to the phone storage you may want to delete the cab after installing it to free up space.

Last edited by dwittmier; 08-26-2010 at 01:36 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio