PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC 6900
Carrier: us cellular

joepauljig is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem turning location on in the settings menu

Hello,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me. I recently had to do a master reset on my HTC touch phone and I have everything set back up they way it was before the reset except my gps programs. I cannot get them to find my location. I am aware that when you reset your phone, the location setting reverts back to the factory setting which was off so I thought I would just have to simply go to phone settings and turn the location on. It doesn't work. When I try to access the location setting, I receive an error telling me that my wireless radio is off and would I like to turn it on now. My radio is not off because I can place calls, texts, etc. and I can see my signal strength bar. If I try to say yes to message, my phone locks up and if I cancel the message, then I'm back to square one. I've hard reset my phone a few times and this is the first time I've ever had this issue. I'm using the factory rom that come one the phone with windows mobile 6.1.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I suggest you flash your shipped rom and clear storage/hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue