PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD 2
Carrier: T-MOBILE

dsuarez1979 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HD2 Wrong password

I have my HD2 running
( Energy.Leo.21905.Sense2.5.Cookie.Dinik.Glass.jun22 ) today I had to re flashed the phone because was giving me a wrong password notification every time I enter my password, this is the second time I have this problem few months a go happen with other Rom, any body have ever had this issue ?
Old 06-26-2010, 12:06 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: HD2 Wrong password

I saw it happen fairly often with the original stock rom but never on a custom rom. When you flash are you hard resetting after the flash? Just to make sure all files are cleared and only the new remain.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dsuarez1979 is a n00b

Yes it did hard reset after flashing. The Rom is very very stable and fast, no complains about it, and I hope the password issue never happen again.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Sounds like you are using the CHT lockscreen? If so read this:

Quote:
About the CHT lockscreen:
Currently, the CHT lock screen does not support any PIN code or password protected unlocking.
Remove any unlock codes before turning on the CHT lockscreen or you will be permanently locked out of your device and you'll have to do a hard reset.
If you are using a gsensor app to automatically rotate the screen and you have it to always rotate, you should add the class "CHTLockscreen" to the exception list.
If you don't have the rotation app set rotate everything, but only a list of desired programs, then you don't have anything to worry about.
If you need to lock the CHT lockscreen externally, you can do it with this: "\Windows\CHT_Helper.exe -lock"

CHT lockscreen for WM6.1:
I've prepated an addon cab with an alternative CHT lockscreen for WM6.1 users.
Installing the addon cab will revert the CHT lockscreen to the older lock system used in v1.7.x. The downside of this is that the old lock system carries with it some flaws:
on some devices it might not lock all hardware keys, has a slower lock response on wakeup, on longer calls it might relock before the call is over, gsensor apps that rotate manila will also rotate it, doesn't integrate with the WM6.5 lock system (softkey in start menu, button assigned lock).
Of course, for those who really want to use the CHT lockscreen and don't mind those shortcomings, the ultimate upside is that is does work on WM6.1.
Thanks to Kenia1234 for testing the WM6.1 lockscreen.
Download it here. - Do NOT install this on WM6.5. This is only for WM6.1.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dsuarez1979 is a n00b

OK Thank you very much, but I don`t know about "\Windows\CHT_Helper.exe -lock" Where I have to put this ?
Old 06-26-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dsuarez1979 is a n00b

OK I the "\Windows\CHT_Helper.exe -lock" but I tab on it but nothing happen. Am I missing something ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2