PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: METROPCS

htc+dg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need help with my htc diamond flashed to metropcs

i know just a bit on working with phones.
first question is.. I have an htc diamond flshed to metropcs. I belive I have a sprint stock rom. if i flash it with another rom would i have to take the phone to metro so they can flash it again?
this is probably a really dumb question but i just have my doubts..

also i'd like to know where can i find the dummy file to replace it "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe"

what i really want to do is have wap, mms, working with this phone
please help me
Old 06-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: MEtrOPCS

falcons54 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to falcons54
Re: I need help with my htc diamond flashed to metropcs

you dont need to go back to metro and reflash it again but you need to have your device unlocked

you dont need the dummy file you can follow this tut skip to step 3 works perfect for my htc diamond
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45988
Old 06-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc+dg View Post
i know just a bit on working with phones.
first question is.. I have an htc diamond flshed to metropcs. I belive I have a sprint stock rom. if i flash it with another rom would i have to take the phone to metro so they can flash it again?
this is probably a really dumb question but i just have my doubts..

also i'd like to know where can i find the dummy file to replace it "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe"

what i really want to do is have wap, mms, working with this phone
please help me
Regardless of what rom you have you don't need to take it back to the store. You can do it yourself.

The actual CM_Guardian file is located in the Windows folder but as far as a dummy just make it yourself. Open Pocket Word and then save the new file as a generic .txt file to internal storage. Use a task manager to halt the CM_Guardian process. Then rename that dummy file HTC_CM_Guardian.exe and use Total Commander or Resco Explorer to move that file to the Windows folder and overwrite the original. Another way is download and install Shaggylive's CMKiller cab and install it to device.

Check out this tutorial:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1559514

Good Luck!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

htc+dg is a n00b

So, if i do i hard reset, I dont have to reflash the phone to metro?

i already downloaded the dummy file and overwrite it... I followed all the steps and at the end my internet is not working. The sprint connection keeps on coming back.. when i first tried to do the wap settings i was told to do this in one tutorial: (You need to delete the IOTA folder from the Program Files folder on the device. Then, in the Windows\Start Up folder, delete the shortcut to HTC_CM_Guardia). Then I looked at other tutorials that instead of deleting the iota folder, is to rename the iota files..
as of now I've deleted the iota folder; I've overwrite the HTC_CM_Guardian file with the dummy file, and I have done all the other steps for wap settings, but my internet connection doesn't work..

WHAT SHOULD I DO? SHOULD I HARD RESET MY CELL? SHOULD I GET A NEW ROM?

HELP PLEASE I REALLY WANT TO LEARN HOW TO DO THIS

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND TIME
Old 06-21-2010, 06:07 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

A hard reset will replace all the settings and wipe the phone out and back to the way it was when you first installed the ROM. If you did any MetroPCS customizations after installing the ROM you would lose them.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

htc+dg is a n00b

Then, what should i do??

I think my mistake was deleting the iota folder!! wasn't it?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I say hard reset/clear storage. Then follow that tutorial I posted the link to. Then you should be able to get everything working.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

htc+dg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I say hard reset/clear storage. Then follow that tutorial I posted the link to. Then you should be able to get everything working.
but if I hard reset it then I would have to go to metro store and have them flash the phone again... wouldn't I?
Old 06-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc+dg
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

but if I hard reset it then I would have to go to metro store and have them flash the phone again... wouldn't I?
No, see your esn is in their system so that's all they really need to do for you.
If you take it into the store they can set your phone up to make/recieve calls and maybe texts but that's about it. I am saying flash it yourself using that tutorial to end up having your device fully flashed to metro to have calls, texts, picture mail, and web. You can do a better job yourself. Just follow the directions and you'll be fine. Read through it a few times so you understand everything. Use The Force!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Touch Diamond: BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I agree with hornyboy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond