PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

ChelsMcGriff is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Diamond Screen Replacement, VERY ODD.

My HTC was working perrrrfectly, until I dropped it. The screen started off that if I held it down a certain way then it's stay on but when I let to of the base of the phone, the screen goes off. Then one day, it kinda fell off the couch and rolled to the floor and now the screen doesn't show ANYTHING. I press the power button, it comes on because I feel it vibrate. The sound still works and everything, its just the screen shows nothing.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelsMcGriff
My HTC was working perrrrfectly, until I dropped it. The screen started off that if I held it down a certain way then it's stay on but when I let to of the base of the phone, the screen goes off. Then one day, it kinda fell off the couch and rolled to the floor and now the screen doesn't show ANYTHING. I press the power button, it comes on because I feel it vibrate. The sound still works and everything, its just the screen shows nothing.
I guess if you have the insurance it's time to get a replacement. If not then do a search for a replacement screen with digitizer and try replacing the parts yourself. Or maybe you could upgrade to a newer device.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ChelsMcGriff is a n00b
Re: HTC Diamond Screen Replacement, VERY ODD.

I got the phone from a company on ebay, new. The insurance wouldn't cover it because I dropped it. Sooo, now I'm looking online for a replacement screen. Do you think I could take the phone to a computer shop and let them fix it?

Thank You!
Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelsMcGriff
I got the phone from a company on ebay, new. The insurance wouldn't cover it because I dropped it. Sooo, now I'm looking online for a replacement screen. Do you think I could take the phone to a computer shop and let them fix it?

Thank You!
That sucks about the insurance.
If it was through Asurion even if you damage it you can get a replacement but you have to pay a deductable. I would check and make sure.

If you don't feel comfortable fixing it yourself I recommend you find a service center in your area for your phone's carrier and take it there. A computer shop may not know what they are doing. If you call customer service or the closest store for your carrier they should know where the nearest service center is.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ChelsMcGriff is a n00b

So I've been looking for what you said and I have NO clue what to do. Haha, I'm not a technical person, at all.
Can you give me an idea of what exactly I'm looking for?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelsMcGriff View Post
So I've been looking for what you said and I have NO clue what to do. Haha, I'm not a technical person, at all.
Can you give me an idea of what exactly I'm looking for?
Looks like it's gonna be hard to find an Alltel branded lcd + digitizer so if you want to buy the parts yourself and possibly install them yourself you may have to get a Sprint branded one.
Like this:

http://www.repairhppda.com/lcd-with-...ml?language=en

I really suggest you call the nearest Alltel or Verizon (I believe they bought Alltel) dealer and ask where their nearest service center is and take it there and that service cente may want to order the parts or possibly have the parts. Good Luck!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond