PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 02:04 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
HomeScreenJump for Manila2.5 *Updated to version2.0* ~How to assign to hardkey press~

We have plenty of hacks, mods, and themes available for Manila, Sense, and all of its variations. This time, XDA member dotcompt brings us his version of HTC Wildfire. If you are not familiar with it, Wildfire is a task manager type of application for Manila, which allows you to access any tab from a single screen, without having to use the Slider.

Description: HomeScreen from where you can jump to the Manila Tab you want.
Tabs available: Home, People, Messages, Mail, Weather, Twitter, Music, Photos&Videos, Call History, eReader, Documents, GPS Tracker, Settings, Calendar, Internet, Manila TV, Stocks, Footprints, Facebook and Programs Tabs.

Change Log 12-06-2010:
One Cab Installer.
Fullscreen view (no more WM6.5 buttons).
Visual enhancements and animations.
Favorite wallpaper crash fixed.
Readme file added to install folder

Change Log 07-06-2010:
3x3 grid with 9 Tab links
20 Manila Tabs available now
Wallpaper changer easy to skin
Favorite wallpaper - you need to copy your favorite wallpaper to \Program Files\HomeScreenJump\Wallpapers with the name "favorite.jpg"
Option to choose which tabs to show

You can find more information on the application thread.

Instructions steps:

1. Remove previous cabs (HSJ Basefiles.cab & HomeScreenJump.cab), and delete \Program Files\Homescreenjump folder in your device
2. Install the "HomeScreenJump.cab" in attach (device)

EDIT: Refer to post #9 for instructions on "How to assign to hard key press"

HomeScreenJump.CAB

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 06-15-2010 at 03:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: HomeScreenJump for Manila 2.5

interesting stuff, thanks for the info. I did follow the link to the xda thread and it's been updated to version 2.0 as of yesterday 6-12
Old 06-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Re: HomeScreenJump for Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuuuuts View Post
interesting stuff, thanks for the info. I did follow the link to the xda thread and it's been updated to version 2.0 as of yesterday 6-12
Thanks, I've updated the 1st post with the new cab and info.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

looks kewl, I think will give this a spin...
Old 06-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HomeScreenJump for Manila 2.5 *Updated to version 2.0*

Is this only for GSM phones

Pocket now says its only for GSM phones? Will this work on my CDMA TP2?

EDIT: Since you are on sprint I guess not... But im just making sure...

and you've been thanked!

Thanks

Old 06-13-2010, 09:23 PM
rlw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

rlw is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Is this only for GSM phones

Pocket now says its only for GSM phones? Will this work on my CDMA TP2?

EDIT: Since you are on sprint I guess not... But im just making sure...

and you've been thanked!

Thanks
Yes this will work on your CDMA TP2. I installed the previous version and it is a nice mod, however, it is really not that useful if it is not assigned to the start menu hard key to it is easily assessable to the various tabs quickly. My question is, if you use the CDMA keyboard config. cab and the start key assignment cab from the XDA site will it work? The XDA site provides a GSM Keyboard config. cab and the start key assignment cab. That is what Pocketnow was referring to in their review of the mod.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw View Post
Yes this will work on your CDMA TP2. I installed the previous version and it is a nice mod, however, it is really not that useful if it is not assigned to the start menu hard key to it is easily assessable to the various tabs quickly. My question is, if you use the CDMA keyboard config. cab and the start key assignment cab from the XDA site will it work? The XDA site provides a GSM Keyboard config. cab and the start key assignment cab. That is what Pocketnow was referring to in their review of the mod.
If you go into the settings and buttons I selected that as my default action key.

to hold down and press talk!

Im really loving this mod Thanks! and thanked
Old 06-14-2010, 08:00 PM
rlw
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
If you go into the settings and buttons I selected that as my default action key.

to hold down and press talk!

Im really loving this mod Thanks! and thanked
Thanks for your response, however, I am already aware of how to change that button. The hard key button I want to assign is the start key button. I'm greedy because I also use Voice Command and it already uses the phone hard key for press and hold. Thanks anyway!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:46 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
My question is, if you use the CDMA keyboard config. cab and the start key assignment cab from the XDA site will it work?
Yes this does work and it's actually quite simple to assign.

1. install sdkCerts.cab
2. install RhodiumKbdControl_cdma_.cab & soft-reset
3. Go to your settings tab and click on "Other miscellaneous settings"
4. Now click on "Keyboard Config"
5. Once keybd config is running, click on menu(bottom right), then "Add Key" (a box should now pop up that says "press and release key you want to assign for..".)
6. Now press the start hardkey button. now change the following...

Key Mode: single/double click, long press
Event: choose if you'd like single, double, or long press
Action: run program
Program: navigate to installed folder, example \Program Files\HomeScreenJump\Homescreen Jump.exe

7. Once everything is changed hit ok and then Update config(bottom left). A box should now appear saying "config successfully updated".

When pressed the hardkey button should bow open HomeScreenJump. Let me know if this works for ya
Attached Files
File Type: zip RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA_1.3.2[1].zip (135.6 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lnando84; 06-15-2010 at 03:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 PM
rlw
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Yes this does work and it's actually quite simple to assign.

1. install sdkCerts.cab
2. install RhodiumKbdControl_cdma_.cab & soft-reset
3. Go to your settings tab and click on "Other miscellaneous settings"
4. Now click on "Keyboard Config"
5. Once keybd config is running, click on menu(bottom right), then "Add Key" (a box should now pop up that says "press and release key you want to assign for..".)
6. Now press the start hardkey button. now change the following...

Key Mode: single/double click, long press
Event: choose if you'd like single, double, or long press
Action: run program
Program: navigate to installed folder, example \Program Files\HomeScreenJump\Homescreen Jump.exe

7. Once everything is changed hit ok and then Update config(bottom left). A box should now appear saying "config successfully updated".

When pressed the hardkey button should bow open HomeScreenJump. Let me know if this works for ya
Thank you, I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software