PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
word completion will not go away

I have been to settings>input>word completion and unchecked the box to suggest words as I am typing a text.

I'm getting confused b/c my phone is still suggesting/predicting words and I don't like this at all.

Who knows how to stop it completely?

I am running the latest Official ROM for the vogue.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 05-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Re: word completion will not go away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
...settings>input>word completion and unchecked the box...
That worked for me way back when, though I do seem to recall it didn't kick in right away. If you navigate back there again, do you find the box still unchecked? And, have you tried a soft reset?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:16 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
I have been to settings>input>word completion and unchecked the box to suggest words as I am typing a text.

I'm getting confused b/c my phone is still suggesting/predicting words and I don't like this at all.

Who knows how to stop it completely?

I am running the latest Official ROM for the vogue.
I knew I saved this post for a reason:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...63&postcount=3
Old 05-30-2010, 04:18 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thanks to you both. No I didn't try a soft reset, dumb me. I did try it and the soft reset didn't fix it. Now I will try what horndoc said. I'll let ya know soon. It's late, night night time.

Last edited by GirlGoneGeek; 05-30-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Good link horn:

>>>>>
Make the following changes to the 2 keys located at...

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e001 0409

ime file = "compime.dll"
layouttext = "COMP IME"

That will do it. And to change it all back...
Original values:
ime file = "\windows\et9ime.dll"
layouttext = "eT9 IME"

Compliments to Duthroy...
<<<<<

Strange, because mine still shows the eT9 IME values. But then, I don't do any texting, though I do use the stock keyboard for lots of other things without having to be so rudely distracted by that auto complete fuction, err I mean function.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

Yes, it worked! Thanks HD and I agree, great link! You always have an answer
Old 05-31-2010, 12:06 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985
Yes, it worked! Thanks HD and I agree, great link! You always have an answer
No problem!
I'm glad it worked!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue