PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC tytn2
Carrier: BEN

blacklite is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
error 262 for the Tytn 2

Hello,

I'm a new user on both this forum and mobile phones with windows mobile on it.

I have a problem with my phone, a Tytn II, that I tried fix for a few days now.

What I want:
I want to put a custom rom on my Tytn 2. It now has windows mobile 6.1 on it and I want to put 6.5 light version on it.

The problem:
I've downloaded a whole packege to put windows mobile 6.5 on my mobile. The package includes HardSPL 3.56, Kais Radio ROM 1.71.09.01 and the windows mobile 6.5 rom.
I've read the instructions very carefully, I began with HardSPL.
I removed my memory stick and sim. I boot my phone. Connect it to my Vista PC.
I start Windows mobile device center and start KaiserCustomRUU.exe (HardSPL 3.56). So far so good.
When I come to the point the the installation should start. I see that my phone gets disconnected from my pc and the center.
My phone at first shows the "color screen" (red green blue I believe). after that my phone shows a progress bar, it stays on 0%.
And after a short while the program on my pc says: Update error 262.

What I've alreaddy done:
- I went to a lot of fora
- I switched the usb cable & put it in defferent usb slots
- I restartes my pc (a lot of times) and only run HardSPL (no other programs in the background)
- I disabled the firewall
- I installed .netframe 3.5 on my mobile.
- I tried earlier versions of HardSPL
- I tried this all also on an other pc (with windows 7)

Well I do'nt know what I should do to get it working!
Everytime my mobile stops at the progress bar, I do a soft reset. My mobil, resets and works perfect, so no problems there

I would be very gratefull if someone could help me!

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 23071
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

prodiem is a n00b
Wink Re: error 262 for the Tytn 2

There are numerous issues with the ROM updater and any OS greater than XP, the USB stack drivers in the OS have changed and do not behave as the ROM updater expects and fails. It has been over a year since I got the nueSPL 2.47, which makes this really easy if we follow the rules

GaMedic has the most updated unlocking tutorial I belive, at least it's the one that I ended up using.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

My quick overview of the process
  1. Open the *codes and backup all settings on paper, it's a pain but saved my self twice now.
  2. Backup your contacts, calendar, personal settings etc using progams like MS MyPhone (I prefer, only because I can edit it online) or PIM Backup
  3. Install nueSPL using SD card that is less than 2GB
  4. If the card is not less than 2GB back it up and repartition it to 1.9GB using Disk Managment
  5. Once installed, Install the latest Radio ROM, be very carefull on the instructions and pay attention to details, it can save pain later on.
  6. Install the reccomended ROM in the tutorial and test the phone, GPS, WiFi etc.
  7. Start shopping around at the other roms and give them a try.
Unfortunately my Titan has lived a good life and these roms let it live until the Cellular radio died.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: error 262 for the Tytn 2

This area is for the Titan not the Tytn 2 aka kaiser. Please look at xda in the kaiser section for info on your phone.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 23071
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

prodiem is a n00b
Re: error 262 for the Tytn 2

Ugg, I can't belive I did not notice that, yea, look at the corect directions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Tags
error 262, tytn 2