PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Froyo shows up on Hero

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/an...up-on-htc-hero
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Froyo shows up on Hero

I'll wait a few weeks for it to be...semi reliable...before trying it out. Hopefully it does turn out to be the solution to the phones slowness.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

I've tweaked Fresh Toast 2.1 to my liking, and I don't see this being fully functional by the time the Evo comes out.....so, I won't get to use this. But the developers we have working on the Hero are incredible! Almost makes me just want to buy another hero (already promised my hero to my girl, after I get the evo), and give that one to her, and start rocking 2.2 when it's 100%!!! Decisions....decisions...
Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
I've tweaked Fresh Toast 2.1 to my liking, and I don't see this being fully functional by the time the Evo comes out.....so, I won't get to use this. But the developers we have working on the Hero are incredible! Almost makes me just want to buy another hero (already promised my hero to my girl, after I get the evo), and give that one to her, and start rocking 2.2 when it's 100%!!! Decisions....decisions...
Yeah, i would just stick with the EVO. Its a given that developement will probably slow to a crawl on the Hero once the EVO is released. All major devs will be hopping ship im sure.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBZL View Post
Yeah, i would just stick with the EVO. Its a given that developement will probably slow to a crawl on the Hero once the EVO is released. All major devs will be hopping ship im sure.
I don't know...Some devs just dropped eclair on my g1.....

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markus_del_marko is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/18.674; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBZL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
well your wrong, the hero has alot of life in it. the evo isnt going to be all that anyways. im not going to buy another phone just to be in the in crowd.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/18.674; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

well your wrong, the hero has alot of life in it. the evo isnt going to be all that anyways. im not going to buy another phone just to be in the in crowd.
I agree. There are A LOT of "old" HTC phones that keep getting updated ROMs because people are sticking with them. Not everyone is going to want a phone that big, either. I have no doubts we'll see some pretty good Froyo ROMs.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
I agree. There are A LOT of "old" HTC phones that keep getting updated ROMs because people are sticking with them. Not everyone is going to want a phone that big, either. I have no doubts we'll see some pretty good Froyo ROMs.
If i remember correctly, the diamond forum is still pretty poppin. We'll be fine.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post

Problem is unless a rom can add ram or rom.. no matter what type of update you do itll still be slow. As far as the evo not being all that I mean honestly there's really no comparison between the two. But hey if you're happy with the hero whatever works.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markus_del_marko is just getting started

i really wouldn't count on a fully functioning 2.2 rom for quite some time yet. the devs have gotten no where on even achieving root status with the new 2.1 ruu. as a matter a fact one dev has to actually trade his hero in for another one because the no root is driving him nuts.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero