PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

ashamir is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Reg Hack to bypass microphone setting? Help!

Hello All,

I am a long time Vogue user and I am curious if this sort of registry setting/hack exists.

I use an adapter to listen to music from my phone using headphones (mini usb to 3.5mm). When I plug in headphones, the phone's microphone becomes disabled, and I believe it is because the phone thinks that a headset with its own microphone has been plugged in.

I am looking for a registry hack that will let me use the phone's microphone while having headphones plugged in. This would allow me to hear my phone calls through my headphones, and speak into the phone in a conversation.

When I try this now, the other side cannot hear anything I say, because a setting on the phone disables the mic.

Are there any registry or other settings to bypass the mic from being disabled when I plug in headphones?

I would really appreciate any help with this

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamir
Hello All,

I am a long time Vogue user and I am curious if this sort of registry setting/hack exists.

I use an adapter to listen to music from my phone using headphones (mini usb to 3.5mm). When I plug in headphones, the phone's microphone becomes disabled, and I believe it is because the phone thinks that a headset with its own microphone has been plugged in.

I am looking for a registry hack that will let me use the phone's microphone while having headphones plugged in. This would allow me to hear my phone calls through my headphones, and speak into the phone in a conversation.

When I try this now, the other side cannot hear anything I say, because a setting on the phone disables the mic.

Are there any registry or other settings to bypass the mic from being disabled when I plug in headphones?

I would really appreciate any help with this

Thanks in advance!
That would be a cool option. The thing is, I think the mic in the phone is disabled when you plug in the mini-usb plug because of the way the plug is wired so the switch is made by hardware rather than software. I'm not positive but I just thought I'd throw that out there. You may have to look for a different headset/earphone setup.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue