PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

jimsil13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any suggestions with a broken Mogul

Hello,
Interested in learning more about the software on the Mogul, as my Mogul went south a few days ago, and I can't back up my contacts (or at least I can't seem to figure it out).

The slider rivets wore out a couple weeks ago, and the touch screen part broke away from the keyboard. The only thing keeping it together was the ribbon connector. I bought a Touch Pro, and prayed that it would arrive before the Mogul died. I was 1 day off. The slide tore a small part of the ribbon, making the touch screen inoperable. The phone still works, just the touch screen is dead.

My question is: is there a way to pull my contacts out of the blind Mogul, without being able to see what's going on, on the Mogul's screen? I asked the guy at Sprint, when I called about switching the phones, but he didn't do real well with English, and couldn't figure out how to activate the Touch Pro, let alone figure out how to digitally back up my contacts. I've been all over the web the last 4 hours...one website said I could do it through Activesync, using Outlook...but I keep getting profile errors, that won't allow me to access my contacts on the phone through Activesync, till I use the right profile. What profile?

Anyway, any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated, as some of the phone numbers I have on the Mogul, I'll never get again...and this dummy didn't think to save them to my Micro SD card before issues arose (as I gave the card to the kids, for their PSP, or whatever game they were playing, and needed to save their games).

Thanks for reading my plea for help.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

jimsil13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any suggestions with a broken Mogul

Thanks, I found the solution...just had to keep monkey-ing with it.

I deleted the device from Activesync, and reinstalled, and the problem went away....

Save almost 100 contacts (and close to 50 photos I had forgotten from my daughter's summer theater play).....YEAH!!!!

Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan