PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Lurker

rfreddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with Ringtones

Hi,
I've bought an Hermes and I'm trying to put my mp3s as a ringtones but they doesn't appear on the list of available ringtones. I've checked the manual and it says that the mp3 must to be put into /windows/Rings directory and I don't have one. I'm afraid to create this directory by myself and mess up the previous ringtones.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks,

Freddy.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Its correctly labelled as

My Device/Windows/Rings.

That should do the trick
Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Lurker

BrotherNov is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherNov
I've loaded several MP3 ringtones, all of which are available to choose from when assigning ringtones to contacts or when changing the default ringtone for an incoming call under settings-sounds and notifications. However, these new ringtones don't show up as a selectable option under any other event type, i.e. - an incoming text message. I never had this problem with my Treo 700wx. Does anyone know why they don't show up? Thanks!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Lurker

pnut12345 is a n00b
Re: Help with Ringtones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfreddy
Hi,
I've bought an Hermes and I'm trying to put my mp3s as a ringtones but they doesn't appear on the list of available ringtones. I've checked the manual and it says that the mp3 must to be put into /windows/Rings directory and I don't have one. I'm afraid to create this directory by myself and mess up the previous ringtones.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks,

Freddy.
Similar question here: is there any way to use mp3's that are on my storage card as ring tones/e-mail alerts/text message alerts, etc?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
That was a Palm Treo tweak made that allowed mp3's to be used for messaging. When you upgrade to wm6 that option will be there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes