PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
User Reviews

Every time I see the commercial for this phone I wanna get it lol. I'm am so tempted to end my contract with Verizon for this device.....I'm just wondering what are some of your thoughts and feelings for this phone?? i already know the specs and stuff, been following the phone for a year now or so, just wanted to know from a user's stand point.

I'm sure its not comin for Verizon but are there any HTC phones that even come close to it? Maybe the Incredible? N1?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
Re: User Reviews

funny, i was planning on posting a review on my blog tonight....

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Best phone I've held in my hand so far. I've owned just about every important WinMo device in the last few years and I've tried many Android devices like the Hero and Nexus 1 as well. The only important one I didn't try was the droid. You won't be sorry
Old 04-16-2010, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

its a great device and my full review with the pros and cons of the device will be coming out tonight after work
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i love my hd2! enough to leave sprint for it after almost 8 years being with them. Still getting used to the capacitive screen, but overall, im very content with my decision.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thanks to all. looking forward to the reviews
Old 04-17-2010, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I can tell you right now. The stock rom is above average but there are still issues that need to be ironed out that are not. This makes a negative user experience in general despite the gorgeous screen and responsiveness of the capacitive touch screen.

One huge gripe I have is the back door! It is very difficult to remove at first and it takes about a good 20 take off, put back on before it gets loose and taking off the backdoor is easier. But its not as easy as say a mogul or a touch pro2 backdoor unfortunately.

Another drawback is the battery life. xda has found out the battery life is based on screen activity, making that a huge drawback for the device. I get about 5 hours using battery tweaks, but be prepared this device screen leaks battery power like a sieve.

If this is your first pocket pc and you have transitioned from iphone or google android, you may want to read up on compatible applications that windows mobile uses that android or apple does not use. If you are a windows mobile user, you will love this device and will call it the best windows mobile device you've ever had. Its got a large screen, but fits snugly in hand.

I have yet to use any task manager on this and I am happy on that.

Overall, for me, this is a fantastic device. The capacitive touch screen is so responsive, you barely have to nudge it to get it to work.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hx2795b
Carrier: Verizon

n0ppw is a n00b

I too have been following the HD2 since last summer and catch myself drooling if I think about it too much! However I'm not going to leave Verizon for the phone and everything I'm hearing says that Verizon will not be getting the HD2. I'd consider getting the Evo, but I don't want to pay full retail and I'd wait for someone to cook up a Windows Mobile ROM for it. The Incredible only has a 3.7" screen. It doens't sound like VZW will be getting a high-end WinMo phone with a large screen anytime soon. They're too busy riding the Android bandwagon. If they would be getting the HD2 I'd be willing to wait until June or July for it. My wife has an Imagio and it's not a bad phone--I just have a bad case of HD2-itis. Basically I gues I'll be getting an Imagio before too long.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Check out my battery life tips guys, most of them still apply for the HD2... I changed my battery polling to once a minute & my battery lasts all day unless I'm streaming music at work.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Its a great "phone"! Is it perfect? hell to the no! But it'll do for the time being. And besides, if everything was perfect outta box...what would be the fun in that? It would kinda make forums like this one and XDA kinda redundant. haha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2