PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 11:26 PM
jwgeetar

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
my treo800 calls people by itself...

my treo800 calls people by itself...when i drive. i wear my treo on my right side and where i buckle my seatbelt.

there in lies the problem and this is not the first time it;s called people. does it all the time.

can anybody tell me what i can do to turn my phone dialer off, yet still hear and recieve calls? thx--jw
Old 04-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Re: my treo800 calls people by itself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgeetar View Post
my treo800 calls people by itself...when i drive. i wear my treo on my right side and where i buckle my seatbelt.

there in lies the problem and this is not the first time it;s called people. does it all the time.

can anybody tell me what i can do to turn my phone dialer off, yet still hear and recieve calls? thx--jw
Activate your Kep lock. I believe its in the settings Im not sure as my 800 is dead on my desk(needs a charge), but still you have a key lock. You migh have to search. If that does not work there are plent of screen locks. SU2U should work. Gooogl/bing a compatible version for the Palm 800w.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:50 AM
jwgeetar

Angry Re: my treo800 calls people by itself...

thx, yup I figured it out. now I wanna turn it off cause the lock is a real pain. I now can't figure out how to turn it off. I need to download a manual as I lost mine...
Old 04-28-2010, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Intrepid Samsung Palm 800w Treo Pro
Carrier: sprint

WHarropson is a n00b

Even with the keypad lock activated the middle button can get pushed unlocking it.. and then all kinds of thing go on including unwanted phonecalls. Here is something that helps a lot. Buy a silicone case and cut out the part of the case over the center button. The rubber ring remaining over the navigation ring sits up high enough, and thus recesses the center button enough to make pushing the center button that much more difficult. It works for me. Here's a link to a case that already has the center cut out. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 04-28-2010, 12:18 PM
jwgeetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post
Even with the keypad lock activated the middle button can get pushed unlocking it.. and then all kinds of thing go on including unwanted phonecalls. Here is something that helps a lot. Buy a silicone case and cut out the part of the case over the center button. The rubber ring remaining over the navigation ring sits up high enough, and thus recesses the center button enough to make pushing the center button that much more difficult. It works for me. Here's a link to a case that already has the center cut out. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
thanks, will give it a shot if i can figure out how to turn my lock off. no matter what i do i always have to enter a passcode. how do i turn this off now? jw
Old 04-29-2010, 12:57 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

When I had my 800w I had the keypad locked and used a simple PIN. The simple pin I used was 4 characters all the same. More to prevent me from doing this same thing than a security setting.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:08 PM
jwgeetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
When I had my 800w I had the keypad locked and used a simple PIN. The simple pin I used was 4 characters all the same. More to prevent me from doing this same thing than a security setting.
well thats what i have, is a simple pin. 4 numbers. now how do i make it go away?
Old 04-29-2010, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@jwgeetar, have u searched both malatesta and dannzeman's stickies??theres a reg edit to turn off keyguard, i had to do that to get s2u2 to work.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:26 PM
jwgeetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
@jwgeetar, have u searched both malatesta and dannzeman's stickies??theres a reg edit to turn off keyguard, i had to do that to get s2u2 to work.
ok---will do that later when i have time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w