PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

alenfishman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Mogul Random Rebooting problem?

Hi so my mogul is doing something really weird. ill get to what its doing in a second but i didn't do anything to cause this problem, at least i dont think i did. i haven't installed anything on my phone in months. but it happend randomly the other day. i know the mogul is pretty old so i dont know if they have any new updates to it from 7-8 months ago when i got it. but i just dont know what to do anymore. so this is my problem.

the phone will randomly reboot, sometimes it will start up just fine work for as long as 2 seconds to 10 mins without issue then randomly shut off and reboot. sometimes it will reboot from that back to the main screen and be fine for anywhere from 2 seconds to 10 mins again or sometimes it will reset and keep rebooting till i take the battery out and reset it. i cant figure out what could be causing this. ive read some forums and ive read that it could be the roms and the loader or something. im pretty computer savvy but not so much with cellphones. what bugs me is nothing in particular will cause it to restart... its totally random from what i can tell.

ive tried hard reseting it, ive even tried from the settings folder and deleting everything and reseting it. neighter have made a difference. i dont understand what might be causing this. if i have to do some crazy tricks to reset all the roms or whatever ill do that but if someone can give me any kind of runthrough on how to do it that would be great. i dont know what any of the rom versions i have so details on how to find out would be great. thanks for any help.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC Mogul Random Rebooting problem?

what is your radio, rom, and bootloader versions?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

my first guess is a loose or bad battery. I have one battery that is slightly smaller than the others and if it gets bumped just right it would do the same. I fixed by putting a couple of small dots of supper glue to keep it pressed against the contacts. you can try a folded peice of paper to test.

otherwise you likely need to do a "clear storage" (hard-reset via software) then flash the stock rom after connecting with activesync.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alenfishman is a n00b
Smile Re: HTC Mogul Random Rebooting problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodium500 View Post
what is your radio, rom, and bootloader versions?
I mentioned i dont know how to check any of those things. please lemme know how i would go about checking those things and ill let ya know.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alenfishman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
my first guess is a loose or bad battery. I have one battery that is slightly smaller than the others and if it gets bumped just right it would do the same. I fixed by putting a couple of small dots of supper glue to keep it pressed against the contacts. you can try a folded peice of paper to test.

otherwise you likely need to do a "clear storage" (hard-reset via software) then flash the stock rom after connecting with activesync.
yea its not the battery, cuz ive been using the same battery for the whole time ive had this phone and its never been a problem. im pretty sure im gonna need to do the flashing thing. but i have absolutly no idea how to do any of that. im seriously gonna need like a 1.2.3. step version of how to do such a thing.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:07 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenfishman View Post
yea its not the battery, cuz ive been using the same battery for the whole time ive had this phone and its never been a problem.
that doesn't mean much, the contact springs may not be as springy and/or the contacts could be dirty. on the battery you could use an eraser to clean, otherwise some head cleaner and qtip. or if you plan on keeping the phone for a while yet, just order a new one as they are very cheep now. you'll be surprised how much longer a charge will last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alenfishman View Post
im pretty sure im gonna need to do the flashing thing. but i have absolutly no idea how to do any of that. im seriously gonna need like a 1.2.3. step version of how to do such a thing.
I would recommend downloading the latest for sprint on the htc america site. once it's downloaded (it's an exe file) just run the exe and follow the instructions provided.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General HTC Titan Discussion

You should get a few more responses there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Does it reboot when it is plugged into the charger or just when on battery?
If the battery disconnects while on the charger the led will change to red.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

This is sounding like a hardware failure, particularly since you didn't add any software to precipitate this condition.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

wookie1969 is a n00b

I had the same problem--rebooting, etc. I went out and bought a new battery, but the problem persisted. Then I took it to the SPRINT store...apparently, over two years of paying insurance means nothing because they insisted it got wet (the little dot was red inside). Not sure how the dot turned red (IT DID NOT TURN RED), but regardless, they wouldn't fix it. It so happens that a T-Mobile store was right next door. Now I have a HD2 and sold my old Mogul for $5 at my yard sale.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
htc, mogul, problem, rebooting