PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Album coverflow lag...

Anybody else notice how when you rotate from the landscape music player (coverflow style) back to portrait there is a huge lag when loading your music back into landscape mode?

It only happens when you choose a song from the "all songs" menu so you have the portrait coverflow view.

I have a lot of music (about 2000 songs) on the phone most of which have cover art. I mean it is only about a 3 second delay but it's def. annoying because it happens every time...I'm guessing there's no real way to fix this unless we somehow found a way to batch compress the album artwork that's embedded into the mp3 files. Probably no way to do it through through the phone but i'll try to find some software that will do that batch compression and see if that works.

Last edited by JQuill; 04-11-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: sprint

ppctester is just getting started
Re: Album coverflow lag...

I haven't noticed that lag

but what bothers me is in landscape mode when flipping through albums the cover art lags getting loaded

it's fine if I flip slowly like say from an "A" album to a "C" album but if I go all the way to "G" or "H" the albums load the black boxes and it takes 3 seconds or so for all the cover art to catch up, very annoying considering I never experienced that even with a "slow" iphone 3G with 1/2 the processor speed and less than 1/4 the RAM
Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppctester View Post
I haven't noticed that lag

but what bothers me is in landscape mode when flipping through albums the cover art lags getting loaded

it's fine if I flip slowly like say from an "A" album to a "C" album but if I go all the way to "G" or "H" the albums load the black boxes and it takes 3 seconds or so for all the cover art to catch up, very annoying considering I never experienced that even with a "slow" iphone 3G with 1/2 the processor speed and less than 1/4 the RAM
What rom are you on? If you're on stock t-mobile then odds are Sense is not CFC compressed so the images are a lot bigger, which makes everything slower. Once a good rom comes out we'll see a huge performance boost, aside from whats already there...these are minor slow downs.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had this experience on both the T-mobile stock ROM as well as a few custom ROMs from here and XDA. What I did to improve the music tab experience was reformat my sdcard and set up my library (folder structure) as such:

Storage card > Music > Artist > Album > and then inside this folder would the the mp3 files associated with that particular artist....and so on. This dramatically helped the loading of files and cover images in Manila's music tab. Whereas before, I had all my music files inside one folder and it would take up to a minute for the music tab to load the 4+GB of music on have on my card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2