PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

izzyforreal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A couple questions for T-Mo HD2 owners.

Hey. I'm currently on Sprint with a TP2. I'd like to know how things work in the T-Mo world. For example, with Sprint, I can run internet sharing undetected. Can this be done on T-Mobile? Sprint offers Sprint Navigation, turn-by-turn, for free. Am I correct that it's an additional monthly fee on T-Mo? Any other observations, like signal and call quality would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Re: A couple questions for T-Mo HD2 owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
Hey. I'm currently on Sprint with a TP2. I'd like to know how things work in the T-Mo world. For example, with Sprint, I can run internet sharing undetected. Can this be done on T-Mobile? Sprint offers Sprint Navigation, turn-by-turn, for free. Am I correct that it's an additional monthly fee on T-Mo? Any other observations, like signal and call quality would be appreciated.

Thanks
I live in Denver also
Signal is pretty great here, I've been getting around anywhere from 1.5 to 7mpbs download speeds. Call quality is definitely comparable to Sprint (I had them for the last year or so). I'm almost positive that you can tether undetected, but you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in to confirm.
Turn by turn nav is included and free - Telenav.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

I'm also coming from Sprint TP2 (TP1, Diamond, Mogul, and Apache actually) and believe me you won't regret the jump.

Most custom ROM's have undetectable WIFI tethering built in as well as regular tethering.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

I just came from Sprint TP2. TMobile does not charge for tethering. The only thing you are responsible for is your data plan. The only catch is that they won't tell you how to do it because the only phones they officially support tethering on (instructions from manufacturer) are Blackberry's. If you know how to use the Internet Connection Sharing or Wifi Sharing CAB, then you are golden.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Carrier: T-mobile

MirasHD2 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MirasHD2 Send a message via MSN to MirasHD2 Send a message via Yahoo to MirasHD2 Send a message via Skype™ to MirasHD2

TeleNav is NOT free. It's a 30 day free trial and $9.99/mth there after.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirasHD2 View Post
TeleNav is NOT free. It's a 30 day free trial and $9.99/mth there after.
Did not know about this, my bad.. I assumed that it was free just like Sprint since it was installed in the stock ROM.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:29 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

T-mobile allows all blackberrys and Winmo devices to be tethered. It is included in your monthly data plan cost. The option is not listed on the device screen when connected to pc like custom roms but internet sharing is an app in the tools folder.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the replies!
Old 04-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

izzyforreal, what plan do you currently have with Sprint? Odds are, there is a T-Mobile plan that offers the same for less. The only "Even More Plus Plan" plan T-Mobile does not beat Sprint on for price is Sprint's "Any Mobile, Anytime" plans, because all T-Mobile unlimited calling plans include calls to any kind of phone for just $10/month more than Sprint's "Any Mobile, Anytime" plans.

That's the benefit of not having Navigation and TV tied to a plan with T-Mobile. You pay less if not on contract . I had a Sprint Touch Pro and never liked Sprint Navigation, there are lots of other cheaper navigation programs that are better. And I was not a big SprintTV fan either. Between SPB TV and Skyfire with sites that broadcast TV and video for free, I don't need MobiTV. I asked Sprint if I could cut their navigation and TV from my plan since I didn't want them, I was told that is not doable with a plan that has data bundled in. With Sprint, you pay for Navigation and TV in plans that bundle in data, regardless of whether you'd rather not have their navigation and TV apps. (It's in the total price, Sprint's not giving away free navigation and TV, because the providers [Telenav and MobiTV] don't give it away for free.)

With T-Mobile, there's the option to pay for only what you want to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
T-mobile allows all blackberrys and Winmo devices to be tethered. It is included in your monthly data plan cost. The option is not listed on the device screen when connected to pc like custom roms but internet sharing is an app in the tools folder.
Yup, Internet sharing is an app on the T-Mobile HD2 stock ROM. Unlike Sprint, T-Mobile is not trying charge extra for it.

I also like being able to use voice and data simulteneously on T-Mobile 3G.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Darnell: I'm confused. For $70.00 per month, Sprint has unlimited calling (yes, I realize that's to mobiles only, but really, who else do I call) unlimited text, web, navigation, picture messaging AND nights start at 7:00 PM. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a comparable plan on TMOUS would be $100.00, right? I am referring only to contract plans, as I am not shelling out $450.00 for the HD2.

For me, the best thing to do on T-Mo would be to take the Even More 500 plan, since I'm not a huge talker and I have another phone from my company. So that's $40.00 plus $30.00 for data. The same as Sprint, but no unlimited mobiles, no navigation and nights start at 9:00 PM. I suppose I could live with that, and buy CoPilot for $34.99.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2