PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

sdlucky7 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A sad day...

Well... After about 2 years, my VX6900 screen just took a crap...

It lights up, but doesn't display anything but a black screen. I can recieve calls/texts/e-mail, but can't do anything with the screen.

It's probably my fault though. In a rush to answer the phone earlier, it flew out of my hands and on to the kitchen floor.

I am due for an upgrade, so I guess it's time to hit up the Verizon store tomorrow.

I did want to wait for the Nexus One or Incredible, but I don't really have a choice now...

Old 03-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: A sad day...

you could buy a replacement cheap from one of the members.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlucky7
Well... After about 2 years, my VX6900 screen just took a crap...

It lights up, but doesn't display anything but a black screen. I can recieve calls/texts/e-mail, but can't do anything with the screen.

It's probably my fault though. In a rush to answer the phone earlier, it flew out of my hands and on to the kitchen floor.

I am due for an upgrade, so I guess it's time to hit up the Verizon store tomorrow.

I did want to wait for the Nexus One or Incredible, but I don't really have a choice now...
Dr. is right!
PM TMZ he might have one or can point you to where you can get a lcd screen. Look on ebay. You could get one of the better screens and end up with a sharper screen than what you had.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:28 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i forgot about tmz lol! he has plenty!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

sdlucky7 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

That is a tempting idea... I might do that so that I can keep this as a backup. Unfortunately, I need the phone for work and can't got for more than a day without it working.

I think I'm going to check out the Eris, see how that goes.

I'll hit up TMZ later on today.

Thanks for the idea!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:09 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm always here ...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue