PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro II/ Sprint 6800/ Sprint 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Silent Assasin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FLASH from the past

I recently received a co-workers Apache. He did no customization what so ever. He only wanted to check e-mail and have phone. Anyway he somehow got it stuck in boot mode and thought the phone was broke so he got a new phone, which he is happy with.

He told me I could have the phone and if I got it to work. I discovered it was in boot mode (Serial on top, V 2.02 on bottom) a flashed APA_SPCS_20600_303_12700_WWE_SHIP.exe. Phone loaded fine.

I cannot unlock the phone though. I tried to use Hard-SPL-MFG. I ran it from my desktop and go through the prompts. However during the process it tells me the phone should be in 3 color mode (or something to that effect) push any button to continue. At this point the phone does not go into a 3 color mode, The today screen is still showing. I remove the phone from the docking station and put it back on, as instructed but it still does not change the interface to go into a different mode.

I found a disclaimer, "This unlocker will ONLY work for updates with GPS enabled radio's and roms. However, this update for the unlocker is required for and GPS enabled custom roms. Old and new SPL/roms are not mix and match."

The phone is running OS 5.1.195 (Build 14847.2.0.0). In stock form the GPS was not enabled. I had the Apache years ago (Ran 6.1 thanks to input from you guys) and only upgraded to Mogul when I accidentally cracked my screen. I want to be able to unlock so I can flash to a different rom.

I also tried using NueSPL 2.47, but have had no luck. I tried placing the program on the memory card, via sync and then changing the name TITAIMG.nbh with no results. I am now trying to us a memory card reader to load the program onto the memory card and then place memory card into the phone. Problem is the memory card locks up the computer when I try this route. I will attempt to take the program into work and see if I can export the program onto my memory card there, then bring back to install.

Times being hard and strapped for cash I can also save a few bucks and cancel paying Sprint $7 a month for insurance, and if I unfortunately lost or damaged my Mogul, have to pay them $100 for a replacement.

I know this is similar to asking how to set the record time on a VCR, when there are DVRs and Blue Ray recorders in the world, but please help.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro II/ Sprint 6800/ Sprint 6700
Threadstarter

Silent Assasin is just getting started
Re: FLASH from the past

Can no one help me with this. I have looked all over. I've tried Hard SPL on the Phone. Today screen does not go into 3 color mode, just same screen. I have tried to run the Nue SPL 247 on phone and on memory card and prompted that I don't have certificate.

I really would like to upgrade from stock rom so I can use GPS (Live and Google Maps) and cancel my $7 insurance to my carrier.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!
Carrier: Verizon

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

i didnt read your entire post but what i did see that you tried to unlock the phone but the phone does not need to be unlocked you just flash from bootloader mode
Old 03-26-2010, 12:29 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I don't think you can flash from memory card on the Apache, that was introduced in the mogul..you gotta use Activesync and you might need drivers.

As for bootloader mode i think it was:

camera + power + soft reset

and if you get stuck in bootloadet use MTTY

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 03-26-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!
Carrier: Verizon

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

it wasnt camera it was record+power+soft reset
Old 03-26-2010, 04:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrycka79 View Post
it wasnt camera it was record+power+soft reset
oops that was the mogul bootloader..I felt something was amiss when I posted..yeh its power + record + reset..im getting old..>.>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache