PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 04:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

staticchmbr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is anyone making an android .NBH file for use with NAND on the titan?

just curious. with the sd card haret method, i got myns warm donut working on mine so far (just cant figure out all of the button mapping).

i have low mem 23518 6.5 installed in the background, but wouldn't it be so nice to NAND android? i think the only thing stopping it is a working NBH file.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Is anyone making an android .NBH file for use with NAND on the titan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticchmbr View Post
just curious. with the sd card haret method, i got myns warm donut working on mine so far (just cant figure out all of the button mapping).

i have low mem 23518 6.5 installed in the background, but wouldn't it be so nice to NAND android? i think the only thing stopping it is a working NBH file.
Actually how did you get warm donut working on the mogul? I am trying to work with him now to get it functioning properly. Perhaps he can help us on the button mapping.

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

nyterage is a n00b

the warm donut is fairly easy to get to work on the mogul, what i did was

Download the SQSH version of the donut
Changed "set MTYPE 1667" to "set MTYPE 1463" in the default.txt file
Updated to Radio Version 3.42.50
Ran harret and let it boot, didnt take long at all, probably 4 minutes to completely load.

only issues i had were the buttons where too big so they overlapped (i have the resolution set to 320x240 so i dont think its the resolution), cant find the menu button on the phone to open the options to add contacts and i couldnt get a data connection at all.

EDIT: i was actually suprised, usually LCD screens usually run in one resolution but the mogul will run in 320x480 resolution and it looks great.

Last edited by nyterage; 03-10-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ah ok. Yeah I got about the same but the buttons onscreen for me looked great. I was using a custom default.txt I found specifcally for the Titan. I was gonna try get it working but it seems there is not much support for the mogul as far as Android since it only has 64MB RAM. It appears myn has warmdonut working decenly on the Diamond so that may be my next step.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

nyterage is a n00b

well after a bit more testing I found that sliding it open unlocks it *atleast it does for me*, it runs slow and gets constant errors, sms does not work, phone calls go to your own voicemail, camera shows just a green screen, data transfer is reallllly slow and the soft keyboard is really glitchy, I wouldn't recommend trying to use it unless for extensive testing.

EDIT: Found another thing, it Drains the battery ALOT took 4 hours for my mogul to die from a full charge while locked id say about 92% of the time.

Last edited by nyterage; 03-11-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

phimuskapsi is a n00b

I just did this today using the haret method and using the ION Android package.

See here:
http://nerdrockit.com/?page_id=10

Get the ION package from there, download. Then use SDFormatter (from Panasonic) on your SD card to format it. If you use FlashFormat it will NOT work. The SD card won't be able to be mounted.

Extract the ion package. Copy android folder to storage card.
Open File Explorer and run Haret from the Android folder.

Tada!

I've found using nue Dynamic Clock as well and over clocking to 384mhz makes the Android port very usable. The hard buttons are very strange though.

I'm trying to play with options to get everything working, internet and voice seem to work but SMS doesn't seem to work with Verizon for some reason.

Edit:You can use the default.txt that comes with the package. It actually formats the text a lot better and the android load screen displays properly. It's also setup for the amoutn of RAM our phones have, that measly 64.

Last edited by phimuskapsi; 03-13-2010 at 01:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development