PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

itscrazy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Mogul screen not working

A couple of hours ago my screen just stopped turning on. All the lights work but when the screen turns on it stays black. I've reset it a billion times, took the battery out a few times, and checked the battery connections as well. It also takes a really long time for the buttons to light up when I press the power button. Before this started happening my screen would freeze when I turned it on.

anyone know what the problem could be and possible solution?

thanks!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17518; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscrazy
A couple of hours ago my screen just stopped turning on. All the lights work but when the screen turns on it stays black. I've reset it a billion times, took the battery out a few times, and checked the battery connections as well. It also takes a really long time for the buttons to light up when I press the power button. Before this started happening my screen would freeze when I turned it on.

anyone know what the problem could be and possible solution?

thanks!
hello.
have you tried to reflash your mogul? if that doesnt work, then your screen is dead. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

itscrazy is a n00b
Re: HTC Mogul screen not working

I took my battery out for like 20 mins and turned it back on and now its working!! thank god the screen didnt die, i cant upgrade until march 1st.

thanks for replying
Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: HTC Mogul screen not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscrazy View Post
I took my battery out for like 20 mins and turned it back on and now its working!! thank god the screen didnt die, i cant upgrade until march 1st.

thanks for replying
Excellent! Well keep it working! LOL=D>
Old 02-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You flex cable may be loose. If it happens again then you should check it. Do you not have the insurance/warranty that would replace the phone free?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

itscrazy is a n00b

well it happened again last night. I just opened it up and saw that my flex cable has a small tear in it. I dont have insurance so I cant get it replaced. Does anyone know if there is a replacement flex cable that i could use or a way to temporarily fix it for the next couple of weeks?

thanks
Old 02-14-2010, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscrazy View Post
well it happened again last night. I just opened it up and saw that my flex cable has a small tear in it. I dont have insurance so I cant get it replaced. Does anyone know if there is a replacement flex cable that i could use or a way to temporarily fix it for the next couple of weeks?

thanks

this is a design flaw in the mogul. i have documented this problem with the mogul in the past on here at ppcgeeks.com. the problem is that whenever you slide open/close the keyboard, the ribbon cable that connects the phone to the lcd screen rub against a sharp piece of metal and over time the metal will cut into the ribbon and damage it. i have open up a couple of good working moguls and put a piece of tape over the sharp area and it pretty much cure this problem.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Do you think the same flex cable would cause the phone to shut off and reboot all by itself? (like you took out the battery and put it back in).

Are there companies out there that would have the ribbon cable for sale?

Is there a video that shows how to disassemble (and re-assemble )? I looked on youtube but cant find anything. I never know what search words work to get what I'm lookin for...

Thanks!
T
Old 02-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah, there are videos for disassembly of a Mogul here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...assemble+mogul

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan