PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows 7 ULTIMATE theme WVGA+VGA (+Install guide)

Here is a cool Windows 7 theme by Marco. It looks pretty sick.
Check it out! Download links at bottom:

If you dont know how to install this theme it can be a real P.I.T.A, so here it goes:

1- Download theme and Wisbar Advanced Desktop- http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/pro...dvanceDesktop/

2- In the Windows 7 theme rar file you downloaded, copy the files in the fonts folder to Windows/fonts

3-Copy the welcomehead192.png to windows root. (If you would like the W7 boot screen)

4-Install Wisbar Advanced desktop (EXE from pc) or use the .cab file attached, then open the program. It should say "Installing default theme."

5-Looking at the default theme now.

6-Go back to the W7 theme rar file and click on Windows 7 portrait and import the theme to program files/lakeridge/wisbar advance desktop/themes/default portrait and hit ok. **WAIT** about 20+ seconds untill it says theme succesfully imported. Then do the same for the Windows 7 default landscape file.

7- Tap and hold the screen to show the menu, click change theme. Hit menu/scan for themes. Should say found 2 themes. Hit ok. You should now see the Windows 7 portrait and landscape files.

8-Tap the Windows 7 portrait so its highlighted. Hit menu and set as portrait theme. Do the same for Landscape. Hit Apply.

9- Soft reset!! When it boots you should now see your Windows 7 theme!!!!

10-Weather icons copy somewhere to device and go to Settings and set path to folder with the windows 7 weather icons.

**Also, if you tap and hold the screen you can go into Author mode which allows you to set the path of all your shortcuts!!!

A little video help:

I know this theme install can be a pain. I still have trouble sometimes myself. I just recorded videos of me installing this on my current rom. I used MyMobiler to record the video and for some reason it plays it back really fast, so you may need to slow it down when your watching it, but it may help you out. I had some trouble getting past the welcome screen after it was installed, but after a couple soft resets it came up. Im not sure if it depends on the rom your using. Past roms seemed to work flawlessly, some seemed to be tempermental, anyways here are the youtube videos I made for the install of the theme, hope this helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FisZt3Dnkz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpuKGxQI8bU

If this helped you do me a favor and click thanks!!!

Enjoy!!

Donate to Marco for his hard work!!

http://marco.netkosice.sk/index.html

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 07-27-2010 at 02:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 22 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: Windows 7 ULTIMATE theme by Marco released!! WVGA+VGA

That shit's pretty tight... Does it replace Manila..?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

It doesnt replace it. It uses WAD and can be easily enabled/disabled.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VN Mobifone

tuanlinh is a n00b

Wow, so nice, he customized this theme like Win 7 on PC. But I wonder if I install this theme, it will replace TouchFlo 3D of HTC Touch Pro 2 right ?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanlinh View Post
Wow, so nice, he customized this theme like Win 7 on PC. But I wonder if I install this theme, it will replace TouchFlo 3D of HTC Touch Pro 2 right ?
No, it wont replace TF3D.
You can stop the theme by simply pressing the end button to return to TF3D.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

so dyou have to actually put WAD on your phone to use this or do you just install what he has up on his website?

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up
Old 02-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerRW View Post
so dyou have to actually put WAD on your phone to use this or do you just install what he has up on his website?
This runs using WAD, so you need to download WAD here:
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/pro...dvanceDesktop/
Old 02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to S8perman

are there better instructions somewhere on how to install this. i installed WAD, but not sure where to go from there....there are 2 WADESKTOP files that i have no idea what to do with?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

there are instructions in the file that you unpack from his website. i believe it says to copy some of the files into the windows directory and the clock fonts go into another.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to S8perman

got it..used google translate...now i can read the directions.

ps...thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes