PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

skullan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kinda urgent: During flash... is it safe to pull the battery if stuck at bootloader?

Hi Folks,

From what I understand, colleagues of mine are trying to flash up a new Vogue (Bell) to the latest ROM: HTC Touch Bell ROM 3.09.666.1 | 08.23.2008

The description I am receiving is that they have ActiveSync 4.5 installed on a Windows 2003 machine.

They started the flash upgrade and for the last hour, they have been simply sitting at the bootloader screen.

With a Diamond, when flashing, it goes from bootloader->grey screen with progress bar. Is this the same with a vogue?

From what I understand, the ROM Upgrade Utility is sitting at 0%. The phone is sitting at bootloader mode and nothing is occurring.

Is it safe to pull the USB/Battery?

I did some searching, but would appreciate feedback.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

skullan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Pulled the battery, she still lives
Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Kinda urgent: During flash... is it safe to pull the battery if stuck at bootloa

did they follow all the directions, like not running any programs on the pc or ppc? did they disconnect the usb while flashing?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Kinda urgent: During flash... is it safe to pull the battery if stuck at bootloa

had a vogue...an it should be fine to pull battery, then power on or put back into bootloader to flash. if it still doesnt go from bootloader...um check to see if it says usb @ the bottom or serial or blank? should say usb. if it still wont go to the percent progress bar, maybe you might need to flash it threw sd card. by taking the nbh file out an put in the root of sd card but rename to ? (i think its VOGUIMG.NBH, but i could of spelled it wrong so research first) then when you put it in bootloader it will flash the rom, just follow the instructions
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue