PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1
Carrier: Verizon

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

when my phone drops to 25% left on the battery it slows way down on everything. is this a normal behavior?
the phone part shuts off at 10% and wont make/ recieve calls(its just a pda),camera wont work and wifi shuts down at 15%. i dont mind the wifi but the phone part and slow down are annoying.
are these all normal and is there a work around?
i tried to kill the battery to recalibrate it to the phone occasionally but everything that consumes any major battery is off so when I go to bed its 5% and next morning still 5% , just a fancy brick until I charge it
Old 02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work
Re: battery,phone,or normal?

the wifi/phone/camera shutting down is a powersave feature in an attempt to keep the phone running but idk about the phone slowing down, my phone shuts down features also but it still reamains at the same speed.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

maybe its coincidence but does it every time. i get the 25% beep and my Opera gets laggy
Old 02-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

I haven't done any sort of scientific testing but I do think the phone slows itself down when the battery gets low (presumably to save more power). Also I hate how the phone shuts off at 10%, I understand why but what if I was in an emergency with a weak battery stuck in the middle of nowhere? If I couldn't make a call, I'd be screwed!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

no kidding. thats the reason I bought a second battery. on my Dare,enV1 and 9400 if it gets down to flashing meter low I can still at least make an emergency call. i guess they were thinking pda w/phone attached not phone w/pda attached. Id rather lose office mobile and my music player( both work until 0. I use them to drain battery to 0 every now and then now) than my phone. office alone doesnt kill spit but since originating this thread running Word while music player is going will take the last 5% down to shutoff in about 30 minutes

Last edited by mark elmore; 02-02-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

Makes sense. On another note, I have heard that running lithium ion batteries into the ground (in terms of going down to 0% charge) is bad for them and shortens their lifespan. But I still have not been able to find a good source of info about batteries or at least certain ideas that are shared by various sources. Must be a conspiracy by the battery manufacturers to get us to wear out our batteries quicker and buy new ones.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i read ,i think on ppcgeeks, that about every 3 months a total drain of the battery recalibrates the phone to it. sometimes my battery will drop from 4 bars(80%) to 1(20%) while sending a big email file, i softrest the phone and it comes back on at about 65-70% and i read the phone gets out of calibration. if i dont shut it off it will still run just as long as normal,just the sluggishness and annoying beep

Last edited by mark elmore; 02-04-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia