PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i900 (16GB)
Carrier: Orange

BossC60 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Omnia i900 keeps messing up the time...

My Omnia (PDA: DXIA5/ Ph: DXIA2, standard ROM) has developed an annoying and potentially awkward fault.

Like a lot of people, these days, I use my phone as a watch and lately I have had a problem with my Omnia showing the wrong time, always slow but never by the same amount. It can be anything from 5 mins to half an hour but on a couple of occasions it even set itself to 7.00pm-ish the previous evening at about 6.30 in the morning. What seems to happen is that I will press a button to see the time and it will be fine, then I will unlock the phone to use it for some purpose and when I look at the menu bar or when I re-lock the phone the time has changed, often to something ridiculous. What is worse is when I haven't been near a clock and my phone says it is 10 a.m. (my break time) and one of my colleagues expresses surprise that I'm working through because it's 10.15 or somesuch.

My own suspicions are that it is some kind of conflict between ActiveSync, PhoneAlarm or MobileShell 3 (did all these developers grow up using Macs, I haven't seen so many conjoined names in years? ;^))) Often the time change will actually occur just before PA is due to change profile and I wonder if AS is setting the time based on some clock of it's own???

Thoughts?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia