PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

AsItLies is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo Pro and 2016 sms HotFix?

Hi all,
so far as I know, HTC has released some hotfixes for this problem for a few of it's phones, but have not seen anything for the Palm Treo Pro (which htc is the mfg of).

Anyone know of a a fix (changes rilphone.dll) that works for the treo pro?

Thanks,
Old 01-21-2010, 05:42 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: Treo Pro and 2016 sms HotFix?

There's about 4 or 5 threads on this.

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 01-21-2010, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@asitlies, here's a link for a fix.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I should have been more specific... let me explain please...

I've been aware, have researched, pointed out to wmexperts (as anonymous) their 'solution' was only a work a round, etc etc etc etc etc.

I've searched not only ppcgeeks but xda and the web and numerous other wireless sites.

Yes, we have ziggys work a round. But it's only changing the date to the phones date when the text arrives. so if the text is sent last night, when your phone was off, and when you turn it on in the morning, it will look as though the text was sent right then.

In other words... it's a nice work a round for the problem. It's appreciated. But it's not the 'proper' fix. I believe a proper fix would have it work like it use to, displaying the text with the time stamp of "when it was sent", not when your phone received it.

HTC has created (I believe any way!) the proper fixes for a couple of it's phones (there may be more). One is the TP2. I've tried applying the fix to the Treo Pro but it won't install.

Basically I started the thread hoping someone would eventually find or know of a "proper fix" for the Treo Pro.

Is that making sense? errr no, not sense ui

regards all,
Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@asitlies...yes, a "proper fix" isnt available for our phones, yet. was jus pointing out a solution until then
as for the reasoning for making this thread, i hope so too.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No worries Skeeg, understood.

Guess I'm just tired of searching multiple times a day, htc site, palm blog, etc to see if a 'proper' fix has appeared.

We'll all just use this site (and hopefully thread), and when 1 becomes available all of us can know about it.

I was told by one of the sprint guys about a week ago that htc is testing a fix for the treo pro... guess if one never appears I'm just gonna stick with ziggys registry mods and forget about it

regards,
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsItLies View Post
Guess I'm just tired of searching multiple times a day, htc site, palm blog, etc to see if a 'proper' fix has appeared.
lunigma found this for us
Old 02-18-2010, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
lunigma found this for us
Thanks Skeeg, just saw that thread and installed the fix... dang it's nice to have finally
Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsItLies View Post
Thanks Skeeg, just saw that thread and installed the fix... dang it's nice to have finally
good things comes to those who wait....or find a hack..oh i mean work around..lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro