PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
bimrluvr

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Flashing Omnia from SD card

I'm having a newly developed problem related to my recent upgrade to Windows 7.

Windows 7 won't update the Mobile Device Center because I may not have the necessary admin privileges needed for that kind of installation, so the MsiInstaller won't complete the install of the updated WMDC drivers and therefore, while I can do file transfers and the like, I can;t do anything through USB like a program install or flash.

The only way around this, short of having the IT people at work change my privileges to that of full admin, is to do an install off of my flash card.

I've read that people have done that successfully with their HTC Touch Pro 2, by unlocking their phones with an SSPL file on their root drive and an nbh file on the card itself.

Does anyone know whether that'll work on an Omnia. And if so, what files do I need...where do I get them....or are they the same as those on the HTC TP2?

Finally, can I do a flash by putting UMDL on the SD card, together with the flash image file and run it like that?

Last edited by bimrluvr; 01-18-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: delete unnecessary sentence.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

tzx3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Flashing Omnia from SD card

im sorry to say, but seeing as no one else has replied, i am assuming that they have the same or a similar answer.
this is something that has been explored since the release of the phone. to my knowlage, there is no way to flash from an sd card. there have been a few threads similar to this, asking of it is possible to flash from sd, and im pretty sure that there still is no solution. somebody correct me if im wrong though. i am going off of the last time i checked, but since no one has posted here, i figure its the same as before.

thanks, and sorry that i could not help solve your problem.

TZ

Old 01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: i910 WM6.5
Carrier: VZ

lioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lioryte Send a message via Skype™ to lioryte

Not saying impossible since I'm unfamiliar with the setup, but I don't think you can do it
Old 01-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

Pretty sure SD card flashing is an HTC-only feature. UMDL needs to run from the PC to flash the ROM, but that doesn't require mobile device center. It still might require some other drivers (i can't remember) that would need admin privileges though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia