PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 02:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC HERO
Carrier: METRO PCS

youngt313 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint htc touch vogue on metro pcs plz help internet was working until batt died

Can u help me plz!!! I have the sprint htc touch vogue on metro pcs w/ working web but when the battery died it stopped working i went back to the metro store and this college kid got i back working but as soon as i left i dropped the phone and yes the batt went flying. Then the web stopped working again connection loss. Im tired of paying this kid i want to know how to get it back myself so can you help me plz. How is he doing it?
Old 01-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint htc touch vogue on metro pcs plz help internet was working until batt died

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngt313 View Post
Can u help me plz!!! I have the sprint htc touch vogue on metro pcs w/ working web but when the battery died it stopped working i went back to the metro store and this college kid got i back working but as soon as i left i dropped the phone and yes the batt went flying. Then the web stopped working again connection loss. Im tired of paying this kid i want to know how to get it back myself so can you help me plz. How is he doing it?
Well lets see if we can offer any suggestions. So if I understand correctly you loose service "WAP" when you loose power.
Are you running a custom ROM or stock?
Are you using any carrier cabs?
Are you setting correct for wap?
Also take a look here for more info http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1495585

Also try not to post the same thing so many times it's not going to help any triple posting and cross posting.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 01-11-2010 at 03:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Sprint htc touch vogue on metro pcs plz help internet was working until batt died

Quote:
Here is a thread with Web and MMS settings for Metro:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...57&postcount=1

I hope that fixes you up!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

youngt313 is a n00b

Its a stock rom
rom version1.12.651.1
no carrier cabs
and im setting my waps correct
Old 01-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Its a stock rom
rom version1.12.651.1
no carrier cabs
and im setting my waps correct
Well I can tell you this. The issue that you are having is a lot to due with the stock Sprint ROM. Take a look at the Metro PCS forum I linked above and that Doc linked above. But to make along story short it has to much to with the HTC gaurdian file that is causing the issues. Most likely the dealer is just making the Registry changes and then when your phone soft resets or looses power then it reverts back to the Sprint setting.
Here is a tutorial on HoFo written by the Metro PCS moderator for the Touch AKA xv6900 http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1495585.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

youngt313 is a n00b

Thanks i really appreciate your help ill let u know how everthing turns out
Old 01-11-2010, 10:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

youngt313 is a n00b

U were right it must be the the guardian file cuz its still not working now lets get started i need to know exactly how to get rid of it i used resco file explorer and it didnt show up the so how can i get rid of the that file and what exactly am i supposed to do with the dummy file
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
U were right it must be the the guardian file cuz its still not working now lets get started i need to know exactly how to get rid of it i used resco file explorer and it didnt show up the so how can i get rid of the that file and what exactly am i supposed to do with the dummy file
Here this should help! Go to this link and download Shaggylive's CMKillercab to the My Documents folder on your device. Then put your device in Airplane mode to turn off the radio. You can do that by going to CommManager or by just holding down on the red end key. Then soft reset and let your device start up. Then use File explorer to navigate to the My Documents folder and click on ShaggyliveCMKillercab and install it to your device. It will get rid of the file and replace it with a dummy and then reset. Then you can follow the steps in the link I gave earlier.
Here's the link :

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1203597
Old 01-11-2010, 10:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

youngt313 is a n00b

Horndoc ur da man ill let u know how this goes thanks again
Old 01-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
This is a Quote from the Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0GiC4L 3ViL
http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...54&postcount=1
Check your Windows\startup folder for "HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk", which is a shortcut to Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe. If the shortcut exists delete it. If not then you probably have a newer Sprint ROM which doesn't have the shortcut to launch that application. It is still launching it in some other way however and I have not been able to figure it out from searching forums and the web. The general consensus is to replace the file with a dummy file that I've attached (extract from the zip). Download the attached file and replace "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe" with the dummy file which will prevent it from running.

NOTE: This file is what resets your Sprint connection to its default settings despite editing these settings. Disabling this file by deleting or replacing it is critical. You may need to use a program such as Resco File Explorer or another File Explorer utility to overwrite/delete/rename Read-Only or ROM files.
In my past experience if you copy a new file to windows it will usually ask to replace existing. I don't usually deal with it I just Unlock with the ImCoKeMaN 2.31 SPL and flash a shipped ROM and then a new custom ROM.

Also the link that Horndoctor linked above even has a cab that will do it automatically.

Last edited by whitey10tc; 01-11-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue