PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 Mogul
Carrier: MTS

martenswd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone freezes while text messaging since 2010

Ever since Jan 1st my phone randomly freezes when I try to text message. The messages I do manage to send and receive show up in the correct order so I don't believe I have a time stamp issue. Has there been any other issues reported that are related to the new decade?

The phone functions fine until I start to type in a text message. When I start typing about 2 out of 3 times the phone won't type any letters and then partially freezes. I then have to remove the battery as it never shuts down if I try to hold the power button.

PPC6800 Bell Canada
I have a custom ROM built in PPCKitchen
W6.1
OS 20931
radio 3.42.50

What should I be looking for? I built the ROM about six months ago and haven't had any issues since so I'm rusty on working on my phone. Should I try a new build? or is there a cab or setting I should be looking for?
Thanks for any help.

Billy
Old 01-11-2010, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99
Re: Phone freezes while text messaging since 2010

Im not sure if its related, but mine gets slow like that but its more random, and I have to pull the battery....Its usually on the messaging and my taps on the screen take 30-40 seconds to respond....I havent had the timestamp issue...

I have stock rom and was only running nu-led, fingerboard and facebook .cabs on mine....I hard reset and havent put the led program back in and it seems to run fine....I still doubt that program cause that issue though...
Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

timschmoker is a n00b

In a possibly related issue since the first my incoming text messages only have a datestamp and no time. Outgoing messages still have timestamp.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6900
Carrier: Sprint

riceguy is a n00b

my phone freezes up randomly or acts very sluggish, started noticing it last month. i have to do a soft reset for it to function some what normally for a bit.

my phone wont hold up a whole day without freezing up or becoming super slow. i reflashed my rom last week and it acted normal for a few days

happens especially when i go back and forth between texting and main menu. I am currently thinkin of takin off 6.5 and going back to an older one to see if it goes any faster.

edit: its possible my phone is getting old? but if its happening to more people, its not just me
Old 01-12-2010, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

Out of comparison, what else besides 6.5 are you running??...I had thought about upgrading the OS but I feared it would slow it down, as it has yours....Since I limited the add-on programs mine seems to run well since I hard reset and only put in the basics....
Old 01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 Mogul
Carrier: MTS
Threadstarter

martenswd is a n00b

Last night I did a hard reset and it seems to be back to normal. I'm running a custom WM6.1.

I had to hard reset the phone 6 times for it to come back to normal. I was going to just build a new ROM and flash it but am having troubles getting the new version of PPCkitchen updated. But if the phone keeps working, I shouldn't have to flash it.

Does anyone else get terribly confused about the different builds available in ppckitchen? all I want is the most stable ROM, currently I'm using 20931, and it held up for 6 months with very few issues. should I look into a different ROM?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Stick with your current ROM if you like it. These things build up junk files and need to be hard reset every so often. Mine is just about due for one.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6800

Kibby26 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to Kibby26

I have been experiencing the same issues and was looking here to try an upgraded ROM. I am running the standard 6.1 with spb Mobile shell, which has been fine till the last few weeks. Its really pissing me off. I have to reset at least 5 times a day now sometimes a few in a row just to be able to text someone..... I find it odd that others are having the same issues with other ROMs and software.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Did you have the 2016 date issue? Have you used the fix posted in another thread?
Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

me32 is a n00b

so over time these phonec just start to mess up?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan