PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

.mak is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vogue + Android = How to access via USB?

I ended up selling the phone today, so please disregard this post.

I've installed Android 1.5 (using Method #1 in this thread). All is great so far as I can tell, but I can't seem to access the phone or MicroSDHC card through USB from my Vista laptop.

I'm running Vista Home Premium x86 w/ SP2. I'm using the USB cable made for the Vogue (the one that came with it, in fact) and when I plug it in, Vista finds and installs the newest USB drivers (rev. 3) for the Android Phone. I'm using an 8GB MicroSDHC card.

From there, I can see in my Device Manager that it's installed as "HTC Dream Composite ABD Device" with a driver date of 10/29/09. This is supposedly the newest USB driver (according to the SDK I downloaded from the Android repository). However, it doesn't show up as a USB device in the My Computer section, which leaves me unable to access the internal files and SDHC card through USB.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the USB icon pops up on the top left of the Vogue's screen, if I click and slide that down and click 'Mount' for USB interaction, it says 'Removed SD Card' and unmounts my SD card. I'm still unable to view my SD card contents from the PC via USB.

Am I missing something? Did I skip a step?

Last edited by .mak; 01-12-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Vogue + Android = How to access via USB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .mak View Post
I've installed Android 1.5 (using Method #1 in this thread). All is great so far as I can tell, but I can't seem to access the phone or MicroSDHC card through USB from my Vista laptop.

I'm running Vista Home Premium x86 w/ SP2. I'm using the USB cable made for the Vogue (the one that came with it, in fact) and when I plug it in, Vista finds and installs the newest USB drivers (rev. 3) for the Android Phone. I'm using an 8GB MicroSDHC card.

From there, I can see in my Device Manager that it's installed as "HTC Dream Composite ABD Device" with a driver date of 10/29/09. This is supposedly the newest USB driver (according to the SDK I downloaded from the Android repository). However, it doesn't show up as a USB device in the My Computer section, which leaves me unable to access the internal files and SDHC card through USB.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the USB icon pops up on the top left of the Vogue's screen, if I click and slide that down and click 'Mount' for USB interaction, it says 'Removed SD Card' and unmounts my SD card. I'm still unable to view my SD card contents from the PC via USB.

Read through this thread on XDA about ABD and tethering/syncing
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I downloaded the abd.zip, uninstalled the current device driver (the one from the SDK, v3) and am attempting to install this driver by going to Device Manager -> Android Phone (yellow ? next to it) -> Update Device Driver -> Browser My Computer For Driver Software -> (ABD folder, unzipped) ... and it simply says there is no driver software in there. I've also tried the subfolder in this abd folder and nothing there, either.

I tried running the abd.exe and a command window pops up, text scrolls for a second and it disappears.

Still trying.. but could use some more advice.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I downloaded the abd.zip, uninstalled the current device driver (the one from the SDK, v3) and am attempting to install this driver by going to Device Manager -> Android Phone (yellow ? next to it) -> Update Device Driver -> Browser My Computer For Driver Software -> (ABD folder, unzipped) ... and it simply says there is no driver software in there. I've also tried the subfolder in this abd folder and nothing there, either.

I tried running the abd.exe and a command window pops up, text scrolls for a second and it disappears.

Still trying.. but could use some more advice.
I would suggest that you read through this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=595131 and if you are still having issues post in that thread as it is for the ABD and here is a tutorial for ADB http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7363
Old 01-11-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
I would suggest that you read through this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=595131 and if you are still having issues post in that thread as it is for the ABD and here is a tutorial for ADB http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7363
Thank you, but I already read both of those.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Thank you, but I already read both of those.
That thread on XDA is written by the folks that deal alot with Android and would be the best to answer your questions.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:

I don't know if you have seen these but these threads may help with transferring data and Android issues:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=android

I hope those help you!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
That thread on XDA is written by the folks that deal alot with Android and would be the best to answer your questions.
Thank you again, I'm still reading through the threads. I read through a lot of them prior to posting, but hopefully I missed something that'll help..

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I don't know if you have seen these but these threads may help with transferring data and Android issues:

I hope those help you!
I'm solely interested in seeing my device in My Computer, so that I can manually access both internal and external storage on the phone. That last thread seems helpful, I'm having a look at it now, thank you
Old 01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I ended up selling the phone today, so please disregard this post.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue