PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet sharing like NSFAN's

I recenlty switched over to vin's 6.5.3 rom as the new stuff looks great, and NSFAN doesn't seem to be doing a new rom. But I miss having the internet sharing like on NSFAN's rom, and can't seem to find a standalone app for it. Any help?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Internet sharing like NSFAN's

What exactly does NFSFAN's ICS setup offer that is different than others? What feature(s) are you looking for?
Old 01-03-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

More of the sharing, that works as mobile browser to avoid getting charged while on a basic data plan. I've only found one program that I think covers this, but both attempts to install it have forced me into reflashing. It was called intshrui.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by frentraken View Post
More of the sharing, that works as mobile browser to avoid getting charged while on a basic data plan. I've only found one program that I think covers this, but both attempts to install it have forced me into reflashing. It was called intshrui.
Well, all you need to do is do a few reg edits. Just use a reg editor like phm regeditor and do these reg edits:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=42

Note that because those were written for Sprint, instead of putting Sprint PCS you will have to use what Bell uses as their mobile data gateway.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Cool thanks will take a look into this tomorrow when I get a chance....unless some kind soul posts the info before then for me :-p

EDIT: Info being Bell's data gateway. :-p
Old 01-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by frentraken View Post
Cool thanks will take a look into this tomorrow when I get a chance....unless some kind soul posts the info before then for me :-p

EDIT: Info being Bell's data gateway. :-p
Well, after you restart/soft reset, when you start up Internet Explorer, Opera, or Skyfire what does it say in the notification bubble that pops up?
That is what you need to put there in place of Sprint PCS.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue