PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Infinity: New Today screen replacement with program launcher!

Noticed this article on Pocketnow.com and installed Infinity today screen replacement. Its very simple but looks very clean on my diamond. Has a program launcher and its own taskbar and built in task manager. I think this will have potential as they add functionality to it. Here the article and link to download:

http://pocketnow.com/software-1/infi...en-replacement

cab attached as well. Also here are a couple sshots with some customization. There are many more panels as well. good luck!

Small update on 2010/01/03:
- Added to more widgets
- Added options to the shortcut widget
- Improved taskbar and hardware button support
- Some small bugfixes

Update: Version 0.2 is out. Please go here to get it: http://forum.ageye.de/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1369

Update:
Infinity has been updated earlier this week. In case anyone missed it (like me ), Here is the updated information:

Alpha 0.2.4 2010/02/14:
- Fixed: HD2 home button when locked
- Added two new widgets: wTasks, wGAlarm. They're still very basic and will be improved of course!
- Added T9 and cursor (= normal textbox behaviour) to textboxes
- Added lockscreen options and customization (see the 3rd options page)
- Fixed: Startmenu gets updated when installing/uninstalling programs
- Better memory management

cab attached
Attached Files
File Type: cab Infinity_0.1.cab (1.36 MB, 64 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Infinity_0.2.4.cab (3.07 MB, 74 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Riley; 02-19-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: new cab available
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Infinity: New Today screen replacement with program launcher!

Thanks for posting. Downloaded and and im definetly gonna try this out tonight. Gotta run a quick backup first Thanks RileyD
dschoenike

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Thanks for posting. Downloaded and and im definetly gonna try this out tonight. Gotta run a quick backup first Thanks RileyD
dschoenike
no problem, I really like this. you can set up 5 panels, it hasnt crashed on me once. I looks and feels better to me than tlauncher or pointui, both of which I had problems with performance or crashing. still like sense 2.1 alot but this is a nice change of pace and very promising.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

No crashes for me either. So far its worked very well and has been smooth. I just get used to my old familiar set up (pocket plus for the past 2+yrs) so I need to stick with this new setup to really get the most out of it. Kinda surprised nobody else has commented on it so far. Thanks again Riley.
dschoenike
Old 01-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

I hear you man! I like this today screen plugin. LOL. It's been updated as of last night:

Small update on 2010/01/03:
- Added to more widgets
- Added options to the shortcut widget
- Improved taskbar and hardware button support
- Some small bugfixes

**cab in first post
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

dutch169 is just getting started

just downloaded it and going to give it a try
Old 01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Im liking this! I like the feel and look of this initial build. Kind of reminds me of the good ol days of the first Point UI builds...

Hope to see much more improvements!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

Hey RileyD. Just a saw a new infinity thread popped up over on the software forums. Just givin you a fyi. Im still really likin' this app. Glad to see frequent updates (and makin headlines) :! Take care man
dschoenike
Old 01-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Hey RileyD. Just a saw a new infinity thread popped up over on the software forums. Just givin you a fyi. Im still really likin' this app. Glad to see frequent updates (and makin headlines) :! Take care man
dschoenike
thanks man, Kinda figured I may have put it in the wrong place. Still using Infinity myself.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just downloaded this. its pretty smooth and looks good. im gonna wait til more widgets come out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes