PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb camera button stopped working!? Here's your fix

My other thread got closed because a mod did not like my sig [not sure why that meant he had to close the thread] and now I am getting PMs asking me questions about this fix. As I am not a VIP member and have a very limited amount of PMs I can have, I am opening this new thread for any questions about this fix. The original thread is here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103334

Basically I somehow lost the camera button showing up in my buttons settings and whenever I would press the camera button I would get an error stating that the shortcut could not be found. I was unable to find the solution on PPCGeeks, but after examining the registry myself from another device I had and looking up in other forums the button mappings in the registry I found the solution. Just rename the attached file by removing the ".txt" at the end so that it's just "40C1.reg" and import it using dotfred's task manager from here
http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm
and it should solve the issue.

EDIT: or you can just install the cab "Vogue Camera Button" that I just attached. Would probably be easiest.

EDIT #2: I have attached a cab that should create both the camera "press" button and camera "hold & press" options in your button options!!! Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Vogue Buttons.cab (2.9 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by petermg; 12-31-2009 at 08:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Re: camera button stopped working!? Here's your fix

Thanks for making a cab file for easy installing. I'll try it out and let you know.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Please do
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks. I give you 2 from me . I don't need it as of now but you just never know. so thanks... T M Z
Old 12-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Almost a VIP

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Yep it works, but the long press button assignment for the camera key isn't showing up. The regular camera key is. Is there a way to add the long press to the camera key?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
Yep it works, but the long press button assignment for the camera key isn't showing up. The regular camera key is. Is there a way to add the long press to the camera key?
You know what, I never noticed a LONG press camera option on mine... hmmm... I will have to look into that! Will take me some time but I will update this with any info I come up with.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:

Done! See first post, I updated the cab file to include both buttons!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Almost a VIP

Thanks, it works great. I've been looking for that fix for a long time now. Thanks again.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks, it works great. I've been looking for that fix for a long time now. Thanks again.
AWESOME!! Glad to know my work is appreciated. I was going crazy trying to figure it out and hoped to save others my frustration
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue