PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung Saga
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung saga
Carrier: Cricket

peedar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung saga MMs and mobile web help

Hi ive been directed here to ask if its possible to get mobile web and MMs to work on this phone. Im with cricket wireless and got this phone flashed, and they told me that mobile web and MMs will not work. I took a chance anyway and i hope i did the right thing. If any one have the cure for my problem please respond.I will be super greatful
Old 12-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

peedar is a n00b
Re: Samsung saga MMs and mobile web help

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedar View Post
Hi ive been directed here to ask if its possible to get mobile web and MMs to work on this phone. Im with cricket wireless and got this phone flashed, and they told me that mobile web and MMs will not work. I took a chance anyway and i hope i did the right thing. If any one have the cure for my problem please respond.I will be super greatful
Here what im trying to do. Im trying to get this cab installed on my ppc but the tut says my noob rom is probaly not letting me(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=447) Im a total noob to this so any help on why i can't or how to install this carrier cab.Thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

peedar is a n00b

Quote:
Here what im trying to do. Im trying to get this cab installed on my ppc but the tut says my noob rom is probaly not letting me. Im a total noob to this so any help on why i can't or how to install this carrier cab.Thanks
Ok i know im talking to myself, but i got the cab to install. I actually installed like 4 diffrent one's, but nothing. I guess the big picture im wondering is why a flashed phone to another carrier can not get internet or recieve MMS. Is it something that's blocked in the phone software or what??????.I got unicdma so i can look at my phones rom and under the data part my cell # is different from my actual number(like the previous owners cell #)I try to change it and it renders my phone useless until i change it back.Can some one please at least give me some direction on this so i can get this working.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Ok i know im talking to myself, but i got the cab to install. I actually installed like 4 diffrent one's, but nothing. I guess the big picture im wondering is why a flashed phone to another carrier can not get internet or recieve MMS. Is it something that's blocked in the phone software or what??????.I got unicdma so i can look at my phones rom and under the data part my cell # is different from my actual number(like the previous owners cell #)I try to change it and it renders my phone useless until i change it back.Can some one please at least give me some direction on this so i can get this working.
I haven't used unicdma for a long time so I don't remember where it is located. But basically you are going to want to start with your WAP setting. Usernames, ports and proxys.
I am assuming that you are running a stock rom, so that will cause some issues also. I would recommend a custom ROM.

Now if all the flasher did was a basic flash talk/text and you paid more than $30 you got ripped!

Also keep in mind that until you get the original carriers crap off, the phone setting may revert back.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

peedar is a n00b

Man thank's for the reply. Atleast your getting me something to go off of. So from what you said it looks like it is possible to do it just one problem, i dont know how to install a custom rom or what rom is compatible with my phone. Like i said im a noob at this phone flashing gig, but i do have computer skills. So with that said can i get so direction to get this going like programs, and files i need. Also i didnt flash the phone, a cricket retailer did it, and the guy would not tell me how to get it going. I just found Unicdma and it let me read my phone but nothing else.Get this going and i got you for atleast a dubb.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Man thank's for the reply. Atleast your getting me something to go off of. So from what you said it looks like it is possible to do it just one problem, i dont know how to install a custom rom or what rom is compatible with my phone. Like i said im a noob at this phone flashing gig, but i do have computer skills. So with that said can i get so direction to get this going like programs, and files i need. Also i didnt flash the phone, a cricket retailer did it, and the guy would not tell me how to get it going. I just found Unicdma and it let me read my phone but nothing else.Get this going and i got you for atleast a dubb.
PM with the following
all the info from setting/system/about and setting/system/device info minus you ESN and phone#?
What works and what doesn't?
Was it ever active on Verizon?
Is GPS working?
Also what tools you have like Unicdma, PRL's Etc.

Now keep in mind that you will be basically reflashing the phone to get it corrected.
It's not a task for the week hearted and you do run the possibility of a brick!
But get me the above info and I'll see what I can help you with and if it works I'll do a write up on it. Because the best I can find it hasn't been done or talked about at least.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Almost a VIP

You can also try to read the phone with this http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/sh...ng+i770&page=4 try the i700dll?

Last edited by whitey10tc; 01-14-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

peedar is a n00b

Well thanks for the reply. I guess the saga just is too much of a pain to get MMS and WAP on cricket. What a waste of a good device. I guess not really the device i like, its the mouse pad. If i can get a phone like that with WM ill be good, Untill then HTC here i come!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Well thanks for the reply. I guess the saga just is too much of a pain to get MMS and WAP on cricket. What a waste of a good device. I guess not really the device i like, its the mouse pad. If i can get a phone like that with WM ill be good, Untill then HTC here i come!!!!!!!!!
I haven't given totally yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung Saga