PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia SCH-i910
Carrier: Verizon

kevinb2u is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wifi and cellular connection problems

Hi all, Searching all over for answers. Appreciate your help very much, not to be long-winded, but trying to be detailed.

My phone has the Verizon GPS unlocked ROM i910.10 V.CF03.2096, don't think it's an issue here. My trouble is after using WiFi, will not work with CDMA data. (Does not always happen, but seems to be related). Will "connect", but cannot download email, and cannot display web pages. After spending a hour on phone with Verizon support last week, went through 3 reps, finally resorting to hard reset cleared it up. Been working fine since today when try to connect wireless again. Another issue that may be related, I have a Linksys WRE54G range expander at home, which has been working great. The access point/router is at business 800 feet away with a parabolic antenna pointing at house.
For some reason mobile devices have trouble with it, as did an LG LRM-519 that I've since given up. PC clients have no trouble at all, get "5 bars" anywhere at home, but Omnia (or old iPaq H2215) will not connect through range expander. I believe trying messes up Omnia will not communicate over cellular afterwards (without hard reset). Earlier this week close to AP, no trouble switching from WiFi to cellular and back again. At home Omnia will connect to WiFi, but signal is weak, and useless as far as email and internet. I know if I get closer to router/AP will be able to connect and download/upload fine. But CDMA data still not working, reviewed all the settings again, deleted the wireless network settings, soft resets, *228 programming, changed around "My ISP", "Work", and "Connects to Internet" settings. Not sure about "Hidden Network" checkbox, thought at one time might have connected through range expander at home with 5 bars on Omnia with box checked on, but was not consistant. What does this setting mean?
I know a hard reset will fix the issue, until next time. Like to find the real answer to avoid again having to get it back to where I like.

Thanks for your time and help.....
Old 01-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia SCH-i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

kevinb2u is a n00b
Re: Wifi and cellular connection problems

Maybe something to do with Activesync or WMDC? Maybe trouble started when synched with Vista, got it working again once after connected to XP. Something in registry gets changed? Searching again this time before another hard reset. Any thoughts?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia
Carrier: vzw

loosfinest is just getting started
Re: Wifi and cellular connection problems

im having the same issue. i think its build issue. its not consistant at all but it is annoying. just jump around to different builds and find one that works better.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Tags
wifi cellular cdma